Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 1st, 2010, 12:00 PM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

Best time waster :-D

Physics game, probably you know it already, but i love it

http://fantasticcontraption.com/index.php

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 2nd, 2010, 11:18 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Thanks Sandy, there goes 6 hours of my life I will never get back. Haha. Can't get through level 7!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old February 3rd, 2010, 05:15 AM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

thats simple! make your rover poke the big ball with long stick, fall to the hole and then ride over it or make D130 on tracks with heavy back or just rover so long that it would span over the hole :-D

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fcon1.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	24868  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn1987 View Post
thats simple! make your rover poke the big ball with long stick, fall to the hole and then ride over it or make D130 on tracks with heavy back or just rover so long that it would span over the hole :-D

OMG I feel like a complete idiot. I tried making sand ladders but my Rover didn't have enough torque to push it across. I tried putting rollers under them, didn't work. I was trying to use the least amount of items as possible. I really like the ball idea. That is ingenious. I was wondering why it was up there, didn't know I could move it. Next level!....and six more hours of my life ready to be wasted!

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:17 AM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

hehe. Use your rover skills! You can "lock the diff" to get more traction and power!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	test2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	24869  

Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:21 AM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

or the sandtracks on dopes
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	test3.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	24870  

Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:29 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
OK Sandy, I know I'm an idiot but to my credit I just started playing yesterday. Please don't tell me you just started playing this week also. That would really make me feel dumb. And to think I have a college degree. Pathetic.

Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:33 AM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

no, i play it already half year or so :-). Had problems on start also because was not reading the documentation (what works when and how), but once you learn it all, it is pure fun (and even more addictive).

Old February 4th, 2010, 01:48 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Sandy,

so I spent most of my day off yesterday playing this damn game. "Up the stairs" remind me of rock-crawling/ 4-wheeling. I find myself making a short wheel base 90 but ended up using tracks on the tires and a third wheel in the rear to keep it from tipping over. Hilarious! Will have to go back and design a different Defender. Maybe a longer wheel base like the 110 will keep from tipping backwards.

Now to get pass that stupid Big Ball from blocking the goal. Good thing I am off today too. Will have to work on my real Rover sometime today.

Old February 4th, 2010, 02:58 PM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

haha :-) yep it is awesome. do not forget you can also construct bigger wheels!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bigwheels.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	24904  

Old February 4th, 2010, 03:07 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
What?! You is crazy. Nice! Is that a Wolf wheel? Haha

Old February 4th, 2010, 03:16 PM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

:-) you can even make spiked (teethed) wheels for those hard corest crawling things :-), also use water rods, they are softer then wooden rods (better for crawling!)

Old February 4th, 2010, 03:26 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Ok, it's official. I like you.

Old February 4th, 2010, 04:29 PM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

:-))

Old February 6th, 2010, 08:02 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Damn, damn, damn this game! I need lockers!

Old February 7th, 2010, 05:10 AM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

:-)) you can also connect more wheels together to get more power. if connected like in my post #5 they combine power. so you can add couple of wheels just to get more (even when they are not on the ground)

Old February 7th, 2010, 09:54 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Haha! Victory! My little catapillar. Pretty ugly though, will have to design a better looking vehicle. Feels like I am cheating with all the extra wheels!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cat.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	24992  

Old February 7th, 2010, 10:05 AM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

hahaaaa cool, no, it is not cheating as long as it gets the job done :-). it could be made easier, but for me is building and watching it to run, half of the fun. i think first time i did it, was that i built some wall to block all of them except the biggest one from falling and than drove on top of them :-)

Old February 7th, 2010, 10:18 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Yup, tried that. Also tried to go under---epic fail! Next level!

Old February 7th, 2010, 10:26 AM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

go under is easy :-)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat