Best Ebay question I have ever gotten - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 1st, 2008, 04:00 PM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

Best Ebay question I have ever gotten

In response to a Safety Devcies Roof Rack I have listed.

Is the price a misprint? You seriously think this rack is worth over 2k?
Or are you just fishing for a sucker? Id love the contact information for anyone who pays that much for a rack that MAY be worth 1k on a good day...I have some oceanfront property in AZ Id like to sell them. Chalk up your listing fee as a straight up loss buddy!! If you were on CL you'd be flagged for wasting everyone's time and their bandwidth.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=360089818347
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2008, 04:29 PM
Treuwer
Trae Reuwer
94 D90

Well, you do advertise as helping to ensure the LEAST economical shipping...

Seriously though, i want two front doors complete.
Old October 1st, 2008, 04:30 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

the guy seems a little bitter, good luck with the sale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2008, 04:43 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I think the incredible thing is some guy took the time to be a dick. Why bother. If you think it is too much no one is holding a gun to your head to buy it.
Old October 1st, 2008, 04:44 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Seems fair. You might not see $2400 for it, but 2k is not unreasonable.
Old October 1st, 2008, 05:28 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
2k is it is perfect.
Old October 1st, 2008, 07:19 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Sorry that was me. You gave me such a good deal on the spacers i figured you were trying to make up the difference on the rack. ...kidding
Old October 1st, 2008, 07:34 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I was going to write you and be a dick for the front cage pieces priced at 3200. I was going to tell you that you are an asshole and I can buy them all day for 1000 tops.

I actually did write to a guy selling a blank number plate a while back who wanted 300 for it, I told him that they were still available new for under 50 bucks. He gave me some story about the dealer screwing him. Its much like the Moscow Starbucks mugs I see on ebay for 75+ dollars, hell, I should have bought a bunch when I was there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 1st, 2008, 07:45 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
I was going to write you and be a dick for the front cage pieces priced at 3200. I was going to tell you that you are an asshole and I can buy them all day for 1000 tops.

I actually did write to a guy selling a blank number plate a while back who wanted 300 for it, I told him that they were still available new for under 50 bucks. He gave me some story about the dealer screwing him. Its much like the Moscow Starbucks mugs I see on ebay for 75+ dollars, hell, I should have bought a bunch when I was there.
Are the 110 plates still available? I think I gave a guy on ebay like $75 for one about six months ago. Now I feel like the dick.
Old October 1st, 2008, 08:06 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
You're not the dick, you're the chump. They are available from the manufacturer at falon-nameplates.co.uk - I just ordered some earlier this year.

Old October 1st, 2008, 08:28 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

$2k isn't crazy if it's in very good condition. I got nearly that a few years ago for the one off my LE...and it was damaged from a rollover.
Old October 1st, 2008, 08:42 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Of course, its not crazy at all. I think when they were last available new they were close to 3k. This isn't a steal, but there's no reason it should be.

Old October 2nd, 2008, 06:36 AM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

What really sucks is I took advanatage of Ebay's new 0.35 fixed price listing fee. Now if it sales the final value fee is 15% (if I recall). The rack is perfect (minus a scratch here and there). Those are old pictures. I have three racks so that is the best parts from them all.

After I got over being angry, the reference to Craig's list cracked me up. He must be from Disco web or something. After typing about 20 responses to his question I decided to just drop it.

Glad to know the price is not completely out of line. May send this rack out to be powder coated. In that case it would be perfect.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

I'll give you a grand after fresh powder coating, free delivery, and include install of course!! I only got $2500 for the last one I sold, but it included packaging/crating for shipment to Guam.....
Old October 2nd, 2008, 05:48 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

i thought the last one i saw on ebay went for more than or around $3k and it was used

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ebay