Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 10th, 2004, 07:35 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
Clearly the best mod you can make is bolt as much crap as you humanly can to the truck. The more expensive the stuff you bolt on the better, always buy genuine when possible! Start with the hood and make your way back. Shovels, pick axes, sand rails, lights, flash lights, racks, gas cans, water cans, cans of chili. Clearly a hood mounted spare is a MUST. The heaviest bumpers you can find (if you wrap a rope or winch cable around the bumper, that helps). Remember, the heavier the truck, the more traction! Once that has been done, don't do anything to the drivetrain! Clearly the factory "boys" know quite well what there doing, and it's silly to think you can improve on that!

Now, keep in mind that its not just what you do TO IT, but also what you do WITH IT. First, wait for it to rain and find a dirt driveway, nothing too tough. Drive down it and floor it as hard as you can and turn your tires back and forth, this will give you that dirty look that is so sought after. When parking at the mall, try to park next to a curb so you can put your tire up on the curb "for sho". That demonstrates the capablilty of your "custom ride".
This here made my day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 10th, 2004, 07:41 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

BURN!!!!
Old August 10th, 2004, 11:21 PM
PT94D90
Phil
Currently Defenderless

"cans of chili". I knew I was missing something on my truck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2004, 02:41 PM
OCD90
Torrence
1997 Hardtop

That's great. Seeing as I daily drive mine in suburbia, the only "offroading" I have access to M-F is the wheel on the curb thing (I tell my buddy, "look at that articulation")...and for at least a year, I've been eyeing this 3-foot burm I could drive straight over from my work parking lot to the next. OH...and I drive past the LR dealership...and they sometimes don't have a car on "the pile of rocks" they all have in front. That thing's calling me.
Old August 11th, 2004, 03:16 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Old August 11th, 2004, 03:23 PM
OCD90
Torrence
1997 Hardtop

In a previous thread, I loved the bottle opener. Everyone else is looking way too complex...and he just screwed in a bottle opener on the back.
Old August 11th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
That is too funny David! You forgot to mention that if the most expensive tires were purchased and you find out you only have enough money to get four, screw the spare... just leave the spare as it is and upgrade all four. Afer all, the spare's job is just to look pretty on the hood....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 12th, 2004, 07:45 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Truls, I have seen some websites with Defender 110's in Norway or Finland or someplace with lots of snow and glaciers, and the Defenders had huge tires with cut out wheel arches. They also had fender eyebrows or fender flares (may have another name in Norway) to fit the cut out wheel arches. They look like they are made out of fiberglass.

Where can we get some information on the eyebrows?

I run 35'x12.50" tires and would like to reduce the amount of mud that they throw all over and into my Defender.

And Glenn that reminds me of so many of the Jeeps that I have seen with huge tires on the ground and a little bitty spare on the back.
Old August 16th, 2004, 03:10 PM
truls
truls john thomassen

check whith islandrovers.com
or artic truck.is
or brettakantar

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
4x4, mod