Closed Thread

Old December 9th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
It occurs to me that if you are holding yourself out as better than BLR, that's a pretty low bar you are setting for yourself in this board. They are well known here in a bad way.

It's clear you want to establish yourself as the importer for Riverhouse.

So instead of leeching off old threads suggest you contact the admins, set yourself up as a Vendor and post accordingly in the right spot.
Precisely! Well said
And Josh was right also, that post smacked of spam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2013, 07:23 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
They use Spam in North Carolina to deflock you.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old December 9th, 2013, 07:27 PM
werewolf
bill cox
1985 110 defender

edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Is that a scam or a SCAM?
Old December 9th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
yes I am aware of this. BUT in that the vin number on frame matched the vin number on the brake booster. was given the option by CBP to just be sent back.. you can also just pay fine.. called mitigated forfeiture . usually about 25% of value of the car or truck and keep in the USA.. and or send to foreign trade zone.. take engine tranny out along with winder glass, brake hoses ,brake container, headlights. seatbelts and import at motor vehicle parts. Box 2A on DOT. ( HS7) Box W on EPA 3501.. no engine tranny. the Jap trucks were done this way for YEARS to avoid the 25% import tax on trucks.. later bc
Werewolf,
As I'm sure you are also aware, moving a vehicle to a free trade zone to remove an illegal engine or other items not eligible for entry can only be done if Customs allows it and they have been declining permission to allow engines to be removed from Land Rover Defenders. A mitigated forfeiture is @ Customs whim and they have also been refusing these for Land Rover defenders.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 9th, 2013, 08:26 PM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Sadly rivermike could have done a lot better than bc.
Old December 9th, 2013, 08:31 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
It occurs to me that if you are holding yourself out as better than BLR, that's a pretty low bar you are setting for yourself in this board. They are well known here in a bad way. It's clear you want to establish yourself as the importer for Riverhouse. So instead of leeching off old threads suggest you contact the admins, set yourself up as a Vendor and post accordingly in the right spot.
Clappity clappity
Old December 9th, 2013, 09:37 PM
werewolf
bill cox
1985 110 defender

edit
Old December 9th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Werewolf-look, since you're obviously a little late to the Defender import party and you've seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot here, I'll give you the benefit of doubt and kindly suggest that you take the next day off from posting anything, pissing on Uncle Doug's leg and use the SEARCH function and thoroughly read the hundreds of pages of member-documented experiences when it comes to importing. Otherwise this thread is pointless. We all know about BLR. Thank you for your input.

Now, take a few days off, reintroduce yourself as a vendor and create another for sale thread for your truck if that's your intent.

Arguing with a guy who has imported more Defenders that LRNA is probably a losing battle
Old December 9th, 2013, 09:49 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

So how many vehicles have you done this with? Not saying you are talking out of your A$$, BUT, there has never been a question about what Doug has done and the service he provides is TOP Notch. He's provided invaluable information in a truthful, professional way...

as opposed to the idle ramblings of a guy who appears out of nowhere and starts spewing out what seems to be BS about his greatness in the importing world.
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongosd2 View Post

as opposed to the idle ramblings of a guy who appears out of nowhere and starts spewing out what seems to be BS about his greatness in the importing world.
He knows a guy that knows a guy...
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:35 PM
werewolf
bill cox
1985 110 defender

edit
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:38 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongosd2 View Post
like an offer we can't refuse..see?..ya copy?

Good grief
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:43 PM
werewolf
bill cox
1985 110 defender

yawn. do NOT care
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:49 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
yawn. do NOT care
I bet you WILL when people start QUOTING this forum when referring to you and YOUR BUSINESS.

Bravo Jackie for giving this gentleman the benefit of the doubt. Werewolf, I'd just take the olive branch if I were you
Old December 9th, 2013, 11:10 PM
JQ11
JQ
97 Black ST - SOLD

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
I bet you WILL when people start QUOTING this forum when referring to you and YOUR BUSINESS.
Agree with this - Bill you need to take a step back here and re-read the tone and intent of your posts - interested to hear what rivermike has to say about his new partner, can't imagine he's thrilled. I'm probably your target buyer, I love Defenders and am always looking / ready to buy AND I'm in NC to top it off but based on your posts alone I wouldn't want to do business with you. I know you don't care but just passing along thoughts from a potential buyer - carry on...
Old December 9th, 2013, 11:16 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

Quote:
I have imported 1000 plus cars/ truck to USA in last 39 years.
I've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express...
Old December 10th, 2013, 06:24 AM
rivermike
Michael
2008 LHD Tdci 110 Keswick Green

Hello Guys,

This conversation is turning real bad ! Let me put some things straight, too many people are taking other peoples words for granted.

RiverHouse has no SOLE agent / importer in the US and is not affiliated with anybody. My goal is and has Always been to deliver original spec trucks to my US customers.

Since Jan this year it has been more difficult to sell from Europe without the buyer present to check the vehicle / outlet and seller. There are just too many outlets / sellers in Europe that do not deliver as promised and agreed. Therefor we shipped the black Saudie Spec truck to my friend Bill, who I know for more than 10 years and I could trust. Bill has imported / exported many vehicles from all over the world and we both are sellers for the Chinese Moke kick off

The black 110 was never rejected, we have taken the 200 tdi that was originally fitted out of the truck and fitted an Original spec 2.5 NA Diesel PRIOR to shipping which resulted in custom clearance 2 days after arrival.

The idea was that we could sell the truck , being in the US with a clear US title, all duties paid, with customers being able to inspect it and feel confident about buying something from RiverHouseMini.

It seems Bill's tone in his posts on this forum and the fact he is very new to the Landrover business caused very understandable reactions from many of my friends here, incl Doug.

I am sorry if Bill has stepped on anybody's toes here, his words were not my words and certain not my intentions.

I value the opinions of all board members which is why I am sourcing a way to way my trucks shipped to the US prior to selling them and reside stateside so they can be inspected.

Problems are ofcoarse exchange rate fluctuation and finding a guy / company I can trust to handle my trucks.

One more thing about the Black 110 Saudie Spec :

This is probably understood incorrectly or it might have been my bad english, the truck was never rejected :

To [QUOTE=Jtomchik;

Also, with all due respect (as you seem to be a knowledgeable individual when it comes to importing) the truck you have listed was rejected by customs because of an engine swap. riverhouse even detailed it on their thread. He's lucky they didn't crush it.

[/QUOTE]

Bill has never been dishonest with me in the past 10 years and has helped me out of various occassions. Do NOT feel offended by his words. It is his way of expressing himself, might be different from many of us.

Let me talk to Bill as well.

EMAIlL :

Current Inventory is listed in my STOCKLIST section

Worldwide shipping is our specialty
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:07 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
My mistake, I did say that, but I based it on what I read on a thread somewhere that the truck had been shipped and then had to be shipped back and that was reflected in an increased price.

the quotes didn't render correctly on the App, my mistake
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:17 AM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Let's see more pics of that black 110, looks sharp!
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat