Bellargio Land Rover - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 5th, 2004, 05:38 PM
m.michaels
Matthew Michaels
1997 D90 SW

If they call that a Defender then the new plywood console in mine is starting to sound like a "hand carved wood trim dash - appointed to only the finest luxury vehicles" - BTW mine is available for sale at $70,000 USD w/o doors $76,000 with doors as it only has 5 miles on the odometer since the "custom interior work" . . .

Agreed POS . . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 5th, 2004, 09:25 PM
smenzel
Sandro
1967 Series IIA

I visited the Bellargio web site. Interesting. It's a lot cleaner and easier to read (but not much more informative) than their eBay auction.

Bellargio appears to do very high end Land Rover conversions. Their target audience is definitely NOT your average Land Rover owner; someone who wants more than the standard Range Rover comfort level in a vehicle with lots of customization along with the thought of being able to go off-road.

Personally, I don't see the point of spending that kind of money on an off-road vehicle that will most likely never see past the end of the pavement. But that's just me.
Old August 5th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by smenzel
I
Bellargio appears to do very high end Land Rover conversions.
How do you do a high end conversion based on a 25 year old series truck? They are just poorly executed kit cars designed to get around valid importation laws. I can't imagine them being anything but junk a year after purchase. I mean wTf is up with that rear? Even people with cash have taste and common sense. It's no wonder they have never sold on E-bay. If it looks like crap, smells like crap....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 7th, 2004, 01:52 AM
whistler110
Mike Johnstone
ex-mod 110

Take a closer look. That is a D 110 that they probably put a series VIN plate on to call it a 1970. I've been told that the selling of older VIN plates and regi to avoid taxes is becoming common in the UK.

Personally, I'd love to have the truck. It looks like a nice 110 with a lot of extra crap that I could sell to some Rap club and use the money to turn the truck back into what it was designed for.

Bloody waste of a good money.
Old August 16th, 2004, 11:54 PM
KeithD
Keith Duckett
90 V8 Import

Registry
Good grief - more tasteless bling. I cannot imagine anyone even a rapper having bad enough taste to want it. In the middle east maybe, and that is really where they should be marketing this stuff. Apparently there is no word for understatement in Arabic.

I have probably said enough already to get more sinister emails from one of their staff....

But seriously passing this off as a 1970 - have they really put a 109 chassis under it or just done a VIN plate swap. If the latter clearly it's illegal for importation into the US, or Canada. Even if there has been a chassis swap into a new 110, its still dubious. Still why should we care? The 25/15 year import rule is stupid and we all hate it.
Old August 17th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Kev Baldwin
Kevin Baldwin
2.4 Tdci 110 Utilty Wagon

This is clearly a new 110 Td5 Dbl-cab that has had it's identity stripped and swapped for an older Series VIN and paperwork. I would like to point out that this practice is illegal in the UK!

Lots of the Bellargio claims are very suspect and in some cases downright lies.

"WORLDS LEADING BESPOKE BUILDER OF LANDROVER TYPE VEHICLES INCLUDING BULLET PROOF AND ANTI LAND MINE" I can tell you the only people who have heard of this lot in the UK are people like me who have discovered their laughable eBay BS. They claim they make bullet-proof vehicles. They do not. They even used to have pics of ex-military surplus armoured 110's on their website and claim they were their own work.

"Cruises at 90 mph all day.and its a turbo diesel,,,,32 to 34 miles per gallon normal driving every gallon"
More BS. Tuned TD5 at 90mph, more like 13mpg! You won't even get 32 mpg from a stock D110.

"The alloy wheels are hand cut solid billet...no body builds an aftermarket wheel to fit these massive hubs so we produce our own"
Errr, I think JE Engineering might have something to say about that, since it's actually they who manufacture these wheels.

Never trust anyone who claims to be the "WORLDS LEADING BESPOKE BUILDER OF LANDROVER TYPE VEHICLES" and clearly doesn't know that Land Rover is spelt as two seperate words.

Kev
Old August 17th, 2004, 10:08 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Try as you might Kev, you can't disuade me from wanting this fabulous rear end from them...

http://www.racecar.co.uk/bellargio/m.../picture04.jpg

Only because they are: "WORLDS LEADING BESPOKE BUILDER OF LANDROVER TYPE VEHICLES INCLUDING BULLET PROOF AND ANTI LAND MINE"

Of course, it looks like their bullet proofing consists of laying down some 5-bar diamond plate and calling it tank proof.
Old August 17th, 2004, 10:11 AM
KeithD
Keith Duckett
90 V8 Import

Registry
Yes - I hve commented about the bullet proofing claim before - I had never heard of them in this regard - and having had to use quite a few genuine bullet proofed Defenders, Range Rovers, Jags etc I ought to know. Their pictures on the bullet proofing page just show lots aluminum checker plate - thats bullet proof? BB maybe.

(somebody just beat me to it)
Old August 17th, 2004, 03:25 PM
smenzel
Sandro
1967 Series IIA

Thanks for supplying my daily dose of argumentative entertainment.
Old August 18th, 2004, 01:40 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
<--blinded by the bling.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat