Been awhile, who has the highest miles NAS Defender 90 (or 110) - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old February 20th, 2013, 12:50 PM
flippedrover's Avatar
flippedrover
Status: Offline
Tyler
'94 D-90
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ashburn,va
Posts: 3,125
180k I think. Original motor 3rd transmission just replaced front rotors.
__________________
Can't you feel 'em circlin' (closin'in) honey?
Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around?
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:03 AM
nathanwind's Avatar
nathanwind
Status: Offline
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saratoga NY
Posts: 8,743
Registry
Just hit 100K this past weekend in the 90...wasn't quick enough to snap the exact pic, was towing the Sankey full of carpet/drywall/tile from our demolition on the downstairs of our house and had my hands full driving/shifting/etc until I got to the light .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2959.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	68097   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2962.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	68098  

__________________
Jason Lavender
'71 Series IIA
'88 127 #F96 DKN
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Bill Larson's Avatar
Bill Larson
Status: Offline
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: AUS
Posts: 6,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Just hit 100K this past weekend in the 90...wasn't quick enough to snap the exact pic, was towing the Sankey full of carpet/drywall/tile from our demolition on the downstairs of our house and had my hands full driving/shifting/etc until I got to the light .
eh...still a virgin! lol...lotsa life left with you taking care of her!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24  
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:52 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Just hit 100K this past weekend in the 90...wasn't quick enough to snap the exact pic, was towing the Sankey full of carpet/drywall/tile from our demolition on the downstairs of our house and had my hands full driving/shifting/etc until I got to the light .
Ha count yourself lucky. Most people have plenty of time to snap a pic of it rolling over to 100,000 because the speedo stops working...
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:57 AM
nathanwind's Avatar
nathanwind
Status: Offline
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saratoga NY
Posts: 8,743
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Ha count yourself lucky. Most people have plenty of time to snap a pic of it rolling over to 100,000 because the speedo stops working...
Is it that it actually stops working at exactly 100k? Something with the rollover mechanism?
__________________
Jason Lavender
'71 Series IIA
'88 127 #F96 DKN
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old March 14th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Chris Vitale's Avatar
Chris Vitale
Status: Offline
Chris
'95 D90 ST 2.8L TDi #2050
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North East
Posts: 411
It looks like all of your dash cluster warning lights are on!... Typical...Cary on.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old March 14th, 2013, 01:18 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Is it that it actually stops working at exactly 100k? Something with the rollover mechanism?
Yeah something like that.
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old March 14th, 2013, 01:47 AM
CDeWan
Status: Offline
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,493
mileage

I think I am at 320K on the truck as it made it to 260K and was doing just fine until yours truly did not fill up the coolant all the way. 160K and the first owner replaced speedo and drove it another 90K.This guy only ran synthetic, had the engine oil analyzed every so often and kept a log of service, so it was a high mileage clean truck to begin with. 2nd owner Dennis Y put 10K on it in 5 years as it was babied and then I have had it since 06 and rack up around 60K+ as a daily driver. originally LT77 was going out when I first got it so that got replaced with a used R380 that took a crap 2 years ago so it was rebuilt. So if I add the 160K plus what is on it now, which I need to go look it comes out to around teh 320K plus. Of course I have upgraded most everything over the past 7 years so there is not to many original moving parts on the truck except for maybe the steering box and pump and air conditioning compressor
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:24 AM
cgalpin's Avatar
cgalpin
Status: Offline
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 11,625
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
wasn't quick enough to snap the exact pic
There is no excuse for poor planning.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
I'm here for the D's
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old March 14th, 2013, 11:03 AM
evilfij's Avatar
evilfij
Status: Offline
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: on the internet
Posts: 14,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
I think I am at 320K on the truck as it made it to 260K and was doing just fine until yours truly did not fill up the coolant all the way. 160K and the first owner replaced speedo and drove it another 90K.This guy only ran synthetic, had the engine oil analyzed every so often and kept a log of service, so it was a high mileage clean truck to begin with. 2nd owner Dennis Y put 10K on it in 5 years as it was babied and then I have had it since 06 and rack up around 60K+ as a daily driver. originally LT77 was going out when I first got it so that got replaced with a used R380 that took a crap 2 years ago so it was rebuilt. So if I add the 160K plus what is on it now, which I need to go look it comes out to around teh 320K plus. Of course I have upgraded most everything over the past 7 years so there is not to many original moving parts on the truck except for maybe the steering box and pump and air conditioning compressor
I think you are the winner thus far Clay.
__________________
*not legal advice*
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, 90, defender, defender 90, nas

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NAS Defender 90 Roll Cage FORSALE RoverWrecks For Sale - Parts 2 April 8th, 2009 11:11 PM
1993 NAS Defender 110 2.8 TGV For Sale + Extras - Expedition Ready pcarey For Sale - Vehicles 57 April 7th, 2009 12:00 PM
1995 Defender 90, 53800 miles whereisspike For Sale - Vehicles 8 January 12th, 2006 02:06 PM
94 defender 90 w/ 27k miles ebanks For Sale - Vehicles 5 September 8th, 2004 01:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Copyright