bed liner? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 15th, 2007, 08:53 PM
1000kva
paul girard

bed liner?

I am looking at different options on the spry on bedliner. Does anyone have any feed back on any of the companies and various diy stuff out there? I have seen a new clear spray on liner that seems great but it is about $800 installed. I have also found Rust Guy Rust Converter which looks like it might be good as well - could even be a good underbody coat for your 90 .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2007, 10:46 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Do some searches, lots of people have done this. Herculiner comes to mind. If you're going to line the rear tub, you might as well line the whole thing while you're at it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:12 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Search for Line-x and Rhino liner. I've heard mixed reviews regarding the Herculiner...flakes after sometime. Line-x and Rhino can now come close to matching the color of your truck if you wish.

I had my entire truck Line-x'd for around $750 or so. You might want to considering putting in some dynamat to deaden the sound in the truck before having it sprayed on. Over all, it may not be cheap, but from what I've read here, it's worth it.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 20th, 2007, 10:27 PM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

I have to go Line X the texture UV and price seems to be more competitive. I'm kicking around the idea of doing my Hood and Roof in Vulcan Black, inner Roof in gray...
Old July 20th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I did the inside of my jeep cj with herculiner several years ago. hasn't flaked one bit. Thinking of doing same to my 110. I added silica sand to it as well, to give it a grip texture.
Old July 21st, 2007, 10:04 AM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
I did line-x on entire inner tub, all floor panels top and bottom, and the entire seat box (top inside and bottom) in light grey. It looks awesome and was worth every penny. I'm kicking around the idea of doing the sliders, corner protectors and trailer hitch in black.

Eric
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

Old July 21st, 2007, 08:32 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

I did Rhino Lining, and if I had to do it again, I would use Line X. Cleaner application and the finished product is cleaner looking. From my understanding Line X does not drip, while Rhino definitely does.

I initially bought Herculiner, but as soon as i busted open the can and looked at the stuff, I decided that if I was going to do something that`s a permanent installation, I didn`t want to mess around. I paid $700 i think it was. Worth it. It`s nice being able to hose down the interior.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 01:17 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Nate is right, Line x does NOT drip. If you have the time go and check out a dealer near you. The one I went to, had a Pepsi can that they Line x'd. You could stand on it...stomp on it all day, it wouldn't crush under the pressure. They showed me this cool video on how the Airforce is now using it to bomb proof walls of buildings. They can mix it so that it grainy or more on the smooth side.

I can't say enough about this product. People use it around their house...spraying it on deck stairs and anything that can be thought of.

Old July 22nd, 2007, 09:55 AM
Treuwer
Trae Reuwer
94 D90

watch your hootus if you do it yourself.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 05:20 PM
1000kva
paul girard

I ran across that hootus thread as well, rather unfortunate for the guy.
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:08 PM
RyanB16
Ryan Hoffmeyer
94 D90 Red HalfCab #741

I was just wondering if bed liners de-value the defender? a permanent aftermarket add-on that is not a stock item. does this effect it in any way?
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:15 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB16
I was just wondering if bed liners de-value the defender? a permanent aftermarket add-on that is not a stock item. does this effect it in any way?
IMHO yes and to a high degree, especially if you do not spray the pieces seperately so that you can access all the bolts and such (ie make it so you can still take off the seat box, floor boards, cage parts, rear bed trim strip etc.).
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:18 PM
grnrvrs
Paul

Depends upon how its done. If everything is sprayed, including fasteners and seams between components, it would make it a royal PITA to take stuff apart. If done 'well', so that future disassembly is not hampered, then it could be OK to positive.

edit: Ron beat me to it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat