Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 23rd, 2014, 01:19 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Be well aware

Look as most on this board know I have been looking to nab a 110 for some time, as I troll now I have noticed a lot popping up. There is a plethora of info on this forum for buying one - but LATELY.....

A lot of vehicles are popping up that may get people in trouble if they buy one unsuspecting it is not what is being represented. For instance....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-D...US_Cars_Trucks

While the above listed vehicle is advertised as a 110 198? with some type of Disco engine and tranny the VIN listed for it is a 1997 NAS90. This represents a number of issues.

SO - PLEASE all you newbies - just beware, do your homework.
This is nothing more than a community announcement. OH and to the lister of that vehicle - it could be a mistake - and I could be blatantly wrong. I am just using this as an example and not making any assumption as to its legitimacy.

Oh here is the link to check VIN's http://www.clifton.nl/index.html?calvin.html
Advertisement

Old July 23rd, 2014, 01:26 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
http://www.godspeedmotors.com/web/vehicle/1464723

PS - before ratting this dude out, I'd contact him to see if he just screwed up the vin. Perhaps he also has a '97 and pulled the wrong vin...hell, how many of us know our vins by heart? He may have looked at the wrong title/etc if he has multiple trucks.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old July 23rd, 2014, 01:26 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
I think the dude messed up on the VIN, either intentionally or unintenionally, but I can assure you that the VIN is not registered to that vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
While the above listed vehicle is advertised as a 110 198? with some type of Disco engine and tranny the VIN listed for it is a 1997 NAS90. This represents a number of issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 23rd, 2014, 01:31 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Just to be sure as I said this is an example of a vin screw up - I didn't say he misrepresented anything. Just pointed out how a simple mistake can be seen and found. We are getting so many newbies popping up that a simple search can help...I hope it is a simple emission/mistake - point is that is wrong either way.

THIS ----> This is nothing more than a community announcement. OH and to the lister of that vehicle - it could be a mistake - and I could be blatantly wrong. I am just using this as an example and not making any assumption as to its legitimacy.
Old July 23rd, 2014, 01:51 PM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
hell, how many of us know our vins by heart?
I have all my VINs tattooed right over my heart
Old July 23rd, 2014, 02:04 PM
chuckc4
chuck b

Good point.

There was a 110 on C-list the other day, in the Northeast which I would have 1000 questions on. It was a very nice example at a good price. While I am not in the market for a 110, I could see how the truck could excite someone who is not following the current events as closely as we all are.....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat