Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 27th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thumbs down Banning Assault type weapons to keep them out of Mexico ???

Ok so this is domestic policy and the rational is to cut down on drug related violence in Juarez ? Does this seem flawed to anyone else ? Hello "drug smugglers", they smuggle stuff from the other side of the world to push across the Rio Grand. Methinks they will smuggle whatever weaponry they want from any point on the globe.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1

We are only a month into this presidency and I'm about to pop a temple vein.
I need to stop watching the news- I keep hearing ignorance is bliss.

Ok, I'm done putting away the soap box now.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2009, 05:23 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

We were down there back in Sept, and you can certainly feel the tension. I think they should equalize the playing field, and hand out automatic weapons, since the government is failing. Veracruz was scarey!! It isn't just the border towns. Be careful if headed that way... and as for our government- very scarey!!!
Old February 27th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Part of my day job is tracking the Mexican drug war, and it is VERY bad! Banning assault weapons in the US will have zero affect on the war, and is just an excuse.

Time to stock up!

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Somehow I don't foresee the price of 5.56 coming down now anything soon . . .
Old February 28th, 2009, 07:49 PM
hartman
Edward Hartman
1997 D-90

This is funny.

The Drug Cartel has been purchasing Semi-Automatic weapons in the United States for more than they can purchase Fully-Automatic weapons from an Arms dealer.

Yea right.
Old March 1st, 2009, 11:19 AM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

I think these guys can get any kind of weapons they like.

One of these cartel, i think the Pacific cartel, was paying one
drug enforcement officer 450,000 monthly just to get some intel.

With the money these guys are moving they can design
and make their own weapons if they want.
Old March 1st, 2009, 12:35 PM
lynchee
Dennis Lynch
94 D90 #699

You guys just don't get it. If the guns are illegal the drug dealers wont be able to use them..............because they are illegal.
Yep, that's the liberal logic
Old March 1st, 2009, 07:20 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchee
You guys just don't get it. If the guns are illegal the drug dealers wont be able to use them..............because they are illegal.
Yep, that's the liberal logic
Drugs are illegal too; luckily, we don't have a drug problem in this country. Remember what a success banning alcohol?

Old March 1st, 2009, 08:18 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
60 Minutes just had a segment on the Mexican drug war. The Mexican Attorney General blamed the US for the drug war - all the $$ and guns come from the US, and the drugs go to the US. It was all our fault.

Semper Fi!
Old March 1st, 2009, 10:04 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
We must give them 1.2 billion so they can train to combat the Cartels, that as of today, for every low class ESE that gets killed, the Cartel kills 10 cops.

So the message is ,

We take the guns away from all Law Abiding Citizens , so all crooks, Drug Dealers and any other scumbag can easily enter your domain and wipe out your family.

What a Joke
Old March 2nd, 2009, 01:01 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Well thats what this administration is all about. Disarm Americans to protect Mexicans. Well actually, the only real reason they are doing it is because they've always wanted to ban assault weapons in the first place, the Mexico thing is just another excuse to do it. On that note, I sucked a hot chicks titty (smoking hot 27 year old blond coked out of her mind) in Vegas this weekend and finger banged her on stage at Paul Oakenfold's club Perfecto while the club camera man caught the whole thing on tape and projected it on the screen. It helped to numb the pending AWB pain.

Neil

Robert Deniro
Old March 2nd, 2009, 11:08 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Damn Neil! You need to post more. I'm so glad you got your medicine/physical therapy in Vegas! Hell, all that would have helped me take my mind off breathing, let alone the AWB! I need to look you up the next time I'm in Hell-A.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:27 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

The only way I can see this making a difference is if there is some group of guys going around knocking off gun stores that have assault weapons and then selling those guns illegally. If they aren't in stock ie banned, they can't be stolen and then sold.

As far as I have ever seen though, most of those types of gun stores are locked down tighter than Leavenworth. Also I haven't really heard of some massive increase in gun store robberies.

Old March 3rd, 2009, 03:05 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Like I said, I track the Mexican Drug War for work. 9 in 10 assualt weapons used in Mexican crime are traced back the US. They are usually legally purchased and resold to the cartels. They are not stolen. The current figure is that 200 assault weapons transit south to Mexico every day.

If you like your assault weapons, buy them now before the ban is reinstated - it's coming!

Semper Fi!
Old March 3rd, 2009, 07:50 PM
MEUSOC
BRYAN
NAS 110, 95 ST

Where do you get your intel? The Mexican govt. has never released serial number info of guns used in crimes.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 07:57 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill
Damn Neil! You need to post more. I'm so glad you got your medicine/physical therapy in Vegas! Hell, all that would have helped me take my mind off breathing, let alone the AWB! I need to look you up the next time I'm in Hell-A.
I wish I could put a webcam on my head when I head out to party to show you guys what I see. Last weekend I was at Perfecto with bt. If any of you guys are familiar with trance music, his name is Brian Transeau (youtube him) and is a trance legend and a good friend of mine. I wish I had a pic of that chick jesus christ she was absoluely stunning. She was wearing a blue dress mini skirt with no bra, very tight body no fat at all very athletic legs. I keep checking the perfecto site but no pictures are up yet, I will check again this week. I just found her standing underneath the acrobat jig looking at the acrobats so I just walked up to her and said "hi, please don't take it the wrong way but I think your fucking gorgeous" she was like all wow thanks then i asked her if she would like to come up on stage and dance with me then I'll introduce her to bt and thats when she got all excited and started literally jumping up and down. I used that opportunity, grabbed her hand and immediately started putting my hands on her Once on stage, i poured her a keitel 1 and redbull and after that she did some coke and went crazy (attention whore) and started jumping on me, I wasted no time, pulled her skirt up and got my fingers up there. Then I look down and the camera man on stage is giving me a huge thumbs up because he's broadcasting on the screen behind the dj booth. I sat down and she walks right up and says "do you like my panties" and I said "omg those are beautiful i have to kiss them" I flipped her around and bit her ass. She bit me a few times in the chest as well so I considered it even. She had fake titties, they looked real but she said she bought them so I told her I have to suck on them, she was totally cool with it because hey, I got her up there and she got to be a dj whore. I can still taste that titty sweat on my tongue as i sit here and type. haha Heres the best part (well actually kinda fucked up and the reason why I didn't get to bang her) her boyfriend saw the whole thing from somewhere and then he left her there, because i had to take brian up to his room and when i got back she dissapeared, only to reappear later spazzing out saying how her bf saw everything and is so screwed and rah rah rah. I just went Dammit!! Regardless, i still had a good time, i fell asleep at 7am and i found out my friend banged 2 girls at dj reza's suite at the palms. Man i should of stayed awake!!!! Man i need to stop jacking this thread.

Neil

I forgot to mention, we googled that chick and she used to be some olympic javelin champ or competitor or something. Explains the tight body.

Robert Deniro
Old March 4th, 2009, 01:47 AM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
I have been steadily stocking up on ammo, magazines, lower parts kits, complete rifles, and just about everything and anything that "the One" is considering banning again. He is the best gun salesman that has ever been. It figures that he would try and screw that up too.

97 D90 SW
Old March 4th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEUSOC
Where do you get your intel? The Mexican govt. has never released serial number info of guns used in crimes.
What?! EVERY gun serial number used in a crime in Mexico is checked against BATF records. Perhaps you have heard of the BATF and DEA? Both agencies are closely involved in every drug related crime in Mexico. Gun serial numbers are not released to the public which I think you are implying. Mexico and the U.S. have a keen interest in where the guns are coming from.

The rest is classified LEA Sensitive

Semper Fi!
Old March 4th, 2009, 08:32 PM
hartman
Edward Hartman
1997 D-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Rescue
What?! EVERY gun serial number used in a crime in Mexico is checked against BATF records. Perhaps you have heard of the BATF and DEA? Both agencies are closely involved in every drug related crime in Mexico. Gun serial numbers are not released to the public which I think you are implying. Mexico and the U.S. have a keen interest in where the guns are coming from.

The rest is classified LEA Sensitive
Just wondering, the recovered firearms from Mexico, that are supposedly from the US. Are these semi-automatic rifles, or fully automatic? I would think with all the money the cartels have, they could purchase a butt load of fully automatic rifles from a third world country. What % of the 9-10 firearms are Semi-Automatic rifles, what % are pistols?

Is there one particular State these weapons are coming from?

Anyway, screw the Mexicans. Why should I give up one of my rights for their sorry asses. They've had plenty of time to pull themselves out of a 2nd world shit hole. There are the haves, and have nots, no middle class so to speak. This is why there's many individuals in Mexico willing to work for the Cartels.

What about immigration, they've been comming across the border for years. That's illegal, but hey, we can't put up a fence, a US farmer can't protect his land, a girl can't take run in a DC park with out getting killed.

Sorry for the rant, not attacking you personally Jeep Rescue.
Old March 4th, 2009, 08:43 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

My house:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat