Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 14th, 2015, 03:18 PM
broadstone
Chris
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110

Registry
Badlands off road, Attica IN?

Wondering if anyone has been there? Badlands Off Road Park, Attica, Indiana, ATV, Motorcycles, Jeeps, Trucks, Calendar, Lodging, Features, Riding Gear, Memberships, Passes, Stickers I just stumbled on it when searching for some trails in Indiana. Since it is 40 min from where I will be staying in a few weeks I was thinking of giving it a try. The website seems to give the impression it is geared more toward ATV and UTV. I would be in the series truck, any feedback would be appreciated.
Advertisement

Old July 14th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Iamkraig
Kraig
1987 defender 110

Registry
The Midwest rover rally was there last year. (Didn't have one in 15). It's a cool place. Everything from ATV's to race trailered pro rock buggies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150714_154021.png
Views:	61
Size:	676.9 KB
ID:	124984
Old July 14th, 2015, 05:01 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Hey that's me!!! :D
Badlands is fun. There's a lot to explore once you get get off the main trails. It's pretty much as hard as you want to make it. If you head by the swamp by the cornfield make sure you have a buddy or you may not get out. Watch out for the "puddles" in the dunes area, they can be deceptively deep.
There's some videos on YouTube, too. Sorry Kraig, my trail truck has been down and I didn't have time to organize it again this year. Here's a couple more pics.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2015, 11:38 AM
broadstone
Chris
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110

Registry
I appreciate the feedback. It does give the impression of having terrain for all types of vehicles and abilities. Seems worth the short ride to give it a try, looking forward to it.
Old July 15th, 2015, 11:49 AM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

I think its worth the ride. I would always skip the offroad park closer to me and driver the extra 1:15 to get to Badlands.
You might get some more trucks to join you if you post up on the Chicago Land Rover Club Facebook page. I haven't been on there(Facebook) in about 3 months though so IDK how active it is anymore.
Have fun!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
off road