Back in Black - Dog Content - Pet Adoption - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 1st, 2013, 10:58 AM
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
Back in Black - Dog Content - Pet Adoption

So, I have a black dog and he's awesome. He has way too much energy for his own good, but is an amazing companion. Black dogs tend to have a harder time being adopted - it's hard to say why, but it may be because it's hard to get good photos of them for their online adoption profiles, or maybe something else.

Best Friends Animal Society is running a Back in Black adoption drive all of November, to focus on black dog and cat adoptions.

If anyone is interested, I already found one perfect for you Land Rover freaks. Meet ROVER a black adult male Lab Retriever mix.

Other dogs up for adoption:

Rover's Story:

Rover is your typical Lab, once you get to know him. He came to Best Friends from animal control, where he'd been abandoned.
New people make him nervous and bring out his shy side, but don't let that first impression stop you from befriending him. Here at the sanctuary, we're working on his confidence, and once you have his trust, he really is just like and old Lab: friendly, playful, and smart as a whip.
If you have another dog, Rover will need to meet them at the sanctuary.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rover - adopt.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	83261  

Originally Posted by bjf View Post
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Old November 1st, 2013, 11:04 AM
Russell Newhall
110dc, 110sw, 97 nas90 LE
Love that you posted this. I have been a supporter of best friends for years and was able to help my local animal humane get an ASPCA grant this year for a Black Friday event for their harder to adopt companions.

Nice post!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

ac, dog