Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 4th, 2012, 02:42 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYM View Post
Please say that it's not US taxpayers paying $385K per year...
Sad to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2012, 04:24 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Dupont has one as does Matsuda.

If you think there is a one of a kind car in DC, multiply that by 5 and you'll get close to the real number. 5 years ago, i thought there was only 1 Miura in the area - I now know of 7 in the area. Unfortunately many are in private collections that seldom come out.

I am constantly amazed at the quality of cars here.
I am told that Matsuda sold 2 out of his 3 GTOs and that they were/are housed in Japan. I follow the GTOs pretty closely and I've never heard that a Dupont owned one. The word is that the only person from the DC area with an actual, non-rebodied 250 GTO is Bernard Carl and it's housed in NY. I can totally be convinced otherwise (and I'd be happy to be wrong cause I'd love to see it in person), but ownership is aggressively tracked and event/concourse/historic race participation/sightings are pretty well documented.
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Arjun
Arjun
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOB View Post
I am told that Matsuda sold 2 out of his 3 GTOs and that they were/are housed in Japan. I follow the GTOs pretty closely and I've never heard that a Dupont owned one. The word is that the only person from the DC area with an actual, non-rebodied 250 GTO is Bernard Carl and it's housed in NY. I can totally be convinced otherwise (and I'd be happy to be wrong cause I'd love to see it in person), but ownership is aggressively tracked and event/concourse/historic race participation/sightings are pretty well documented.
Pretty sure I saw a 250 GTO along side the TRs the last time I was at DEW. Also Matsuda had his car garaged in MD for a while. Some people I know were trying to get him to bring it out along with his Stratos, but then he got pissed that the local FCA let the fake 250 GTO display at the last meet and backed out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2012, 11:55 AM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Pretty sure I saw a 250 GTO along side the TRs the last time I was at DEW. Also Matsuda had his car garaged in MD for a while. Some people I know were trying to get him to bring it out along with his Stratos, but then he got pissed that the local FCA let the fake 250 GTO display at the last meet and backed out.
That's interesting about Matsuda, because I had heard about the fake GTO discussion (and that whole GTO vs. GTO race).. So yeah, if it is/was here, that's awesome.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac