Aux 12v dash trucker fan - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 2nd, 2015, 02:29 AM
Werrea
Anthony Werre
08 LR3

My wife is getting prepared for many road trips in the 110 and is looking at trucker fans to mount in the dash. At speed there is plenty of airflow, but at low or no speed no airflow. So.....has anyone installed a dash fan for cooling occupants or at least providing additional air flow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2015, 03:08 AM
El Solis
Chris Solis
Camel Trophy 110 sorta :)

I wired up one of those fans for my son in the red seat. Works fine. Makes a big difference when the going is slow. Probably the easiest way is to get a clip on one and install a blue sea (or vendor of choice) 12V socket through an aux fuse block. You will still be warm tho.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 07:43 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werrea View Post
My wife is getting prepared for many road trips in the 110 and is looking at trucker fans to mount in the dash. At speed there is plenty of airflow, but at low or no speed no airflow. So.....has anyone installed a dash fan for cooling occupants or at least providing additional air flow?
You could try the poor mans AC by keeping a frozen gallon milk jug in a cooler with air blowing in and out.
You could also keep the engle on freeze to have a reserve frozen to swap out as needed.
We used one for camping and it worked great for sleeping in the summer.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2015, 09:31 AM
LR Max
Thomason, Max
1973 Series 3 109

Yeah the fan works ok. I got one that claps and clamped it onto the dash.

X1 on the swamp cooler mentioned above. That'll be the best solution. Also cheaper and easier, simply throw a bag of ice in the floorboard. It'll last only a few hours but its worth the few bucks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat