Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 18th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
!!Attention!! !!Beware of Fraud!!

!!Attention!! It has recently come to my attention that a federally convicted felon by the name of John F. "Jef" Curran, is holding himself out to be one of my clients. He is NOT one of my clients and he has NEVER been one of my clients! Please find a link below to the US Justice Dept.'s website detailing Curran's conviction in 2013 for $1.9 million dollars in securities fraud:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-md/pr/c...curities-fraud

Curran was recently allowed out on supervised release from federal prison. He is fraudulently attempting to elicit funds and orders from unsuspecting individuals and businesses by claiming that he is the owner/CEO of a certain known company specializing in up-fitting Land Rover Defenders and that I represent the company in-question. He DOES NOT own the company in question and I DO NOT represent him in any manner whatsoever!

I have notified the US Attorney's office in Baltimore, MD about these recent issues with Curran's continued fraudulence. Curran was actually in federal district court in Baltimore yesterday for violating the terms of his parole.

If you should happen to be contacted by Curran, do not respond to him and please notify me immediately! And, please share this post to help me get the word out before anyone is defrauded by this individual!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please feel free to visit my website at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 18th, 2016, 09:06 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
should we know the company in question/
Old August 18th, 2016, 10:48 PM
RBBailey
RBBailey
1965 IIa

Registry
Someone should civil forfeiture this dude.

Is this something the people out here in the NW should watch out for, or have you guys all the fun on the east coast?

1965 IIa SWB
1988 Saudi 110 (soon to be 300tdi)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 18th, 2016, 11:05 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Learning about that must have been a helluva shock to our Will. Hope the discovery wasn't as a result of an angry victim of Curran.
Old August 19th, 2016, 07:14 AM
Himalaya
Mark WS
1995 Nas, 86 D110, 97 Hummer H1

Be it known that I am the sole owner of the Himalaya brand and any other derivative of the name. I do not have a business partner and no one has shares in my company. I have informed all of my suppliers, vendors and businesses that I deal with of the same.

If anybody is contacted regarding purchasing product, offering partnership interest, stock interest, production of vehicles or production of parts and products bearing the name of Himalaya or any other attempts of doing business with my name, or my brand it not authorized and has nothing to do with Himalaya.

My company Logo and Brand name and its derivatives Himalaya4x4, Himalaya Automotive Group are not authorized for use by any individual or business other than myself.
Old August 19th, 2016, 07:29 AM
FlyersFan76
Chris
1987 110 Convertible

Registry
It is amazing the level of dedication that criminals have. Huge work ethic. Can you imagine how they would succeed in life (some of them) if they put that determination into working legally?

1997 Defender 90- AA Yellow #1701- Wrecked
1997 Defender 90- AA Yellow #?- Sold
2000 AM General Hummer- Sold
Old August 24th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
I've spoken with the Asst. US Attorney in Baltimore, MD regarding Curran and I've provided his office with evidence of Curran's most recent scam/fraud. I'm taken to understand that Curran's parole is being revoked because he is refusing to pay the $1.2 million he owes in restitution to victims pursuant to his 2013 criminal conviction.

Berkshire LR is definitely an apt comparison......

Please feel free to visit my website at:

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat