Old April 24th, 2009, 07:53 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Atlantic British Safety Devices Cages?

http://www.terrafirma4x4.com/products_php.php?cat=20

These guys claim that AB is a US distributor - Eric, can you confirm or deny? Are you going to be selling Safety Devices cages?

I see its actually Allmakes - maybe this means they're expanding their business from simply selling ugly running boards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 24th, 2009, 08:23 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Although anyone can buy a SD cage in the UK and ship it to the USA and sell it, SD has yet to set up the final workings of SDNA (Safety Devices North America) and who will be doing what. The owner of SD was here at ECR a few weeks ago checking us out so that we can become a SD authorized installer and retailer, and then she was off to visit other places and have meetings with Kim at SDNA. If it all works out we will be stocking all the SD Rover parts and working with them on new products for the USA, and in doing full container loads and buying wholesale we will be able to beat the prices anyone does for cages one at a time.
Not sure if that answers the question, but I am in direct contact with Patricia and Gavin at SD in getting the USA market sorted out so thought I'd share. The roof racks we did with them was just the first step.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old April 24th, 2009, 08:44 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Thanks Mike - That is interesting. Its pretty hard to tell what's going on, since anyone can put up a website, and this one isn't even complete - click on any product and you might get a pic, but no specs or pricing.

It would be quite nice to be able to get spare parts for the SD cages...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 24th, 2009, 08:55 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC

It would be quite nice to be able to get spare parts for the SD cages...
I've been working on SD for many many years now to get them to get their act together in the USA, but it has been hard due to odd circumstances. The owner/founder, Tony Fall, died suddenly, then the guy heading up SDNA (Patricia's brother) died suddenly just after that, so it has taken some time to get things back to normal. Tony's wife, Patricia was always involved in the business, but now she is running the show and things are finally getting more "normal".
In my next order will be all the parts that commonly rust on NAS cages so that replacement parts will be available to all.
After my day long meeting with Patricia here at ECR, and countless calls and emails, I can tell you that anything is possible from SD (meaning any product you want from them), it just depends on if there is enough realistic demand to put a realistic sized order together, like we did with the racks.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old April 24th, 2009, 09:18 AM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
We did or at least did TRY to buy from them and stock their products many years ago. They had the best anti-sales program we had ever seen. We have not stocked anything for in many years. We still have a few of skid plates in stock but that is it.

Eric
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

Old April 24th, 2009, 10:32 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Mike, throw a full cage for a 1971 Porsche 911 Targa in with the next order Stable energies I can't pin down.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
cage, safety devices