Armored Tomb Raider for sale on E-bay! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 16th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Talking Armored Tomb Raider for sale on E-bay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...QQcmdZViewItem

This has got to be one of the coolest defenders I've ever seen. I think all Defenders should come with an armor package as standard equiptment for the "urban" jungle :D

Neil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 16th, 2006, 03:15 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

I think I know where this is going... How did it get here and how illegally?
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:24 PM
jordan0527
Jordan
97 D90 ST, 04 D2

"This not a US spec vehicle so it is not EPA and DOT certified"

It's an awesome rig, but what are you going to do with it? Pay over $60K and flat-tow it around town?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 16th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

It says right in the description that it is not EPA or DOT legal. Looks like it is just a collector car. $80,000 is a lot for a truck you can't drive. Especially since you could buy a legal 110 and do everything they had done to it for less. Ah well, it's cool, I hope it makes somebody happy.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old October 16th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

The owners name is Dr. Medina. I'm thinking perhaps he was going to re-locate to some dangerous latin American country such as columbia where car-jacking and kidnapping is the norm. Assuming he is a Dr., he probably is someone of wealth and would like to protect himself as well as his loved ones. Mabye he opted for armed executive protection instead of the Rover. I'm just talking out of my butt. Cool rig indeed.

Neil
Old October 16th, 2006, 04:03 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

I don't know if it is the same one or not (if the description is true then it is not) but a member of our club bought one in Spain new and brought it over and was able to obtain a bond for it (for one year). After that it would be reconsidered and okayed for another year or be exported. Never heard from him how it ended up but I don't think it was a happy ending.

I did however get to drive it once at the location of our "Wheels" event and it was very impressive (the Td5). My mother who hated my D90 was with me that day in her Range Rover and she would have traded it right then and there. It was pretty awesome.
Old October 16th, 2006, 06:28 PM
parantaeyagn
Won Park

It has Mexico plates?
Old October 16th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Looks like he is trying to cash out after finding out that he couldn't legally keep it in the states, IMO.

Hopefully they can federalize it. But as mentioned by Buck above, for that price you could get one built.

And at that point why not just give ECR a call. You got 80k another 30 won't hurt that much.

EwS
Old October 26th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Hillbilly Raider
MANDY STRINGER
Tombraider90

you guys must remember that its a TOMBRAIDER!!!!
if you hear of who brought it please pass on their details i would love them in my club.

Old October 29th, 2006, 03:52 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

The Nuevo Leon license plates give it away. It's probably a rich doctor from Monterrey, MX. A lot of these guys keep Mexican-titled cars at their vacation homes in the US.

If you're going to buy this car, you should know that you'll only get it titled in the US under a "recycled" VIN, which is quite illegal. If you get in a wreck and the police realize that this is not a 1971 Series, they will impound and crush your truck.

/
/
/
/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat