Old February 26th, 2015, 09:29 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Wow...this went quiet quickly... no responses from Arkonik Arconik LRUK land rovers UK or from Andy Hayes..??
They're busy betting 70 trucks through...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 26th, 2015, 09:34 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
They're busy betting 70 trucks through...
that wont make to the buyers home from the port.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old February 26th, 2015, 11:12 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Doug, that's not quite true...they may flatbed some of them...lol....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 13th, 2015, 05:27 AM
Defenderman123
Ed Newman
Defender 90 1983

I am a little unsure of what the previous comments are talking about, as when I purchased my Defender with Arkonik I couldn't of imagined a better experience. Not only was their customer service spot on, but the end product was exceptional. The attention to detail blew me away, and I am over the moon with my new Defender 90.

I couldn't recommend this company more.
Old April 13th, 2015, 05:45 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderman123 View Post
I am a little unsure of what the previous comments are talking about, as when I purchased my Defender with Arkonik I couldn't of imagined a better experience. Not only was their customer service spot on, but the end product was exceptional. The attention to detail blew me away, and I am over the moon with my new Defender 90. I couldn't recommend this company more.
Is yours the black 110 I've seen around? The previous comments are coming from those who have been burned by the present company or by the company they have purchased (Berkshire) without liability.
Old April 13th, 2015, 06:11 AM
Defenderman123
Ed Newman
Defender 90 1983

I am a huge defender fan, and not as this thread implies a foolish, wealthy, uneducated, wannabe owner. As part of my due diligence I visited their primacies, spoke with many other owners and undertook various other due diligence. Ultimately the proof is in the pudding and my pudding is one sweet ride. If this company has made mistakes previously, they certainly aren't making them now.
Old April 13th, 2015, 06:53 AM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Well congrats to you Ed and welcome.

Your experience does not negate their track record. I'm sure other owners that have successful dealings with Arkonik will soon chime in as you have.
Old April 13th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Hey, that's awesome, welcome to the community. We'd love to see some pics of your ride, why not make a registry post and share some of the details of this sweet sled with us.

Cheers
DB in DC

Quote:
I am a huge defender fan, and not as this thread implies a foolish, wealthy, uneducated, wannabe owner. As part of my due diligence I visited their primacies, spoke with many other owners and undertook various other due diligence. Ultimately the proof is in the pudding and my pudding is one sweet ride. If this company has made mistakes previously, they certainly aren't making them now.
------ Follow up post added April 13th, 2015 09:58 AM ------

Dude he said it was a 90. Sheesh.

Quote:
Is yours the black 110 I've seen around? The previous comments are coming from those who have been burned by the present company or by the company they have purchased (Berkshire) without liability.

Present:
1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

Past:
1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled
Old April 13th, 2015, 04:49 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Wow Arkonik is really putting on the blitz here lately. First the company itself doing a single post, then the old asking "customers" to post on their behalf, now their ex-CBP crony is posting in the Homeland thread.
Old April 13th, 2015, 05:10 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Bring the truck to NYC Meetup.

Thursday night at Over the Eight in Williamsburg. We can take a look at the truck and provide an honest, photograph evidenced review of the vehicle.

You won't have to deal with Josh he's taking pictures of land Rovers while Caitlyn pretends to be asleep to avoid his amorous advances.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old October 13th, 2015, 05:28 AM
Arkonik
Andrew Hayes
110 CS" V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
That came through the dealership today. Looks like a polished turd to me. Ribbed roof and a carbureted V8 (probably a 3.5L). The paint color is awesome though!

Dear fellow Forum members and forum guests.

I’m Andy (CEO of Arkonik) and a member of this forum.

Thank-you all for your thoughts and comments regarding Arkonik. I’ve avoided, up till now commenting on the hyperbole in these threads, however, to continue to ignore it would be arrogant of me and unkind to those that would otherwise not have a chance to decide for themselves who Arkonik are.

I have also been urged by a number of Clients (who have visited our actual Factory site as well as this virtual Web site) to stand up for myself and my team, I quote:

“I researched Arkonik…I really wanted to believe that you guys were as good as you looked, but having read some negative review of Defender Source I decided I needed to look for myself…Andy you really need to get a response to the horses**t that’s being said on there…it’s not true and it’s unhelpful. Your teams craftsmanship, credentials and excellence are beyond reproach, Ed”

We care about every one of our past, present and future customers. Our commitment to customer care is extraordinary, if things go wrong we do right!

We have been refurbishing and customising Land Rover Defenders for a few years now, mistakes were made in the early days of our establishment. Inconsistent build results as a consequence of poor quality parts and poor trading partners have been replaced by smooth and seamless production of Defenders to the highest of reliable and aesthetic finishes. The cautious seldom err.

We welcome and encourage everyone and anyone to visit with us. If you love Defender you will love the experience.

If there is any doubt remaining about who we are and how we do things or if you have any questions whatsoever or feedback then please write to me direct at andy.hayes@arkonik.com

Arkonik - Land Rovers, Range Rovers, 4x4 Vehicles for Sale

Andy

------ Follow up post added October 13th, 2015 04:29 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
That came through the dealership today. Looks like a polished turd to me. Ribbed roof and a carbureted V8 (probably a 3.5L). The paint color is awesome though!

Thank-you all for your thoughts and comments regarding Arkonik. I’ve avoided, up till now commenting on the hyperbole in these threads, however, to continue to ignore it would be arrogant of me and unkind to those that would otherwise not have a chance to decide for themselves who Arkonik are.

I have also been urged by a number of Clients (who have visited our actual Factory site as well as this virtual Web site) to stand up for myself and my team, I quote:

“I researched Arkonik…I really wanted to believe that you guys were as good as you looked, but having read some negative review of Defender Source I decided I needed to look for myself…Andy you really need to get a response to the horses**t that’s being said on there…it’s not true and it’s unhelpful. Your teams craftsmanship, credentials and excellence are beyond reproach, Ed”

We care about every one of our past, present and future customers. Our commitment to customer care is extraordinary, if things go wrong we do right!

We have been refurbishing and customising Land Rover Defenders for a few years now, mistakes were made in the early days of our establishment. Inconsistent build results as a consequence of poor quality parts and poor trading partners have been replaced by smooth and seamless production of Defenders to the highest of reliable and aesthetic finishes. The cautious seldom err.

We welcome and encourage everyone and anyone to visit with us. If you love Defender you will love the experience.

If there is any doubt remaining about who we are and how we do things or if you have any questions whatsoever or feedback then please write to me direct at andy.hayes@arkonik.com

Andy

Arkonik - Land Rovers, Range Rovers, 4x4 Vehicles for Sale
Old October 13th, 2015, 06:15 AM
Arkonik
Andrew Hayes
110 CS" V8

Arkonik Defender Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
In fact, I think everyone except Zack called it a polished turd.

Pick up the thread here:
Defender Sightings - Page 488 - Defender Source

It wasn't that it was a P.O.S., just that when it's rumored to cost $125,000 the standards we all have are pretty high.

Andy
Old October 13th, 2015, 06:29 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

1: Too many businesses have gone the route you seek to take.

2: That route is littered with the debris of other peoples broken dreams due to operations that took money and delivered nothing or if they did, they delivered turds.

3: Only after the victims have had their dreams broken do they come here and report what has happened.

4: As a result anyone like yourself, regardless of your written promises and protestations, is tarred and feathered with the reputations of those that have gone before you.

5: You just happen to be the latest company treading this route.
Old October 13th, 2015, 06:30 AM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Are we getting spammed?
Old October 13th, 2015, 06:34 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Yay another blitz! I still remember when Berkshire came here to try to set the record straight before they were closed and bought up...

It's not so much about your factory but what happens to your vehicles AFTER they leave you guys. There was a black 110 with a rack with a big ARKONIK tire cover on it that was spotted on the back of a tow truck more than it was spotted on the road actually being driven. The customer couldn't get it running right and when it made it to a local shop for work another forum member who worked on it gave us the rundown on it crapiness. It looks like you're pretty good at the search function so I'm sure you've seen it already. Then the other thread where they took apart one of your trucks and everything was literally shit. Or the numerous testimonials of those who've imported your trucks and had nothing but issues. Yes we're all glad you're ready to set the record straight!
Old October 13th, 2015, 06:38 AM
Arkonik
Andrew Hayes
110 CS" V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
1: Too many businesses have gone the route you seek to take.

2: That route is littered with the debris of other peoples broken dreams due to operations that took money and delivered nothing or if they did, they delivered turds.

3: Only after the victims have had their dreams broken do they come here and report what has happened.

4: As a result anyone like yourself, regardless of your written promises and protestations, is tarred and feathered with the reputations of those that have gone before you.

5: You just happen to be the latest company treading this route.
Rocky, good to hear from you - contact me at andy.hayes@arkonik.com - there is an all expenses paid trip awaiting you to England - come over my friend and see first hand what we do, alternatively we will bring a vehicle to you for your expert consideration. Whereabouts are you in the USA?
Old October 13th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Arkonik
Andrew Hayes
110 CS" V8

Quote:
Yay another blitz! I still remember when Berkshire came here to try to set the record straight before they were closed and bought up...

It's not so much about your factory but what happens to your vehicles AFTER they leave you guys. There was a black 110 with a rack with a big ARKONIK tire cover on it that was spotted on the back of a tow truck more than it was spotted on the road actually being driven. The customer couldn't get it running right and when it made it to a local shop for work another forum member who worked on it gave us the rundown on it crapiness. It looks like you're pretty good at the search function so I'm sure you've seen it already. Then the other thread where they took apart one of your trucks and everything was literally shit. Or the numerous testimonials of those who've imported your trucks and had nothing but issues. Yes we're all glad you're ready to set the record straight!
Hi Josh - thanks for your thoughts.....Berkshire were closed because they were breaking the law mate. You would be astonished at just what can happen to our vehicles, if they are not carefully treated, once they leave us.....normally problems occur due to users not understanding how to start or maintain 19J or V8 motors...chokes and glow etc....below is the extract from our website in our terms and conditions which sets our stall out (and always has) real clear....contact me directly if you can....there is an all expenses paid trip for you to England to come see first hand what we do and what it takes i'm really fed up with the bad press we are getting here - would be nice for people to witness the truth, cheers mate

1.c.Arkonik restores and delivers used Land Rover Defenders to the highest of standards available anywhere in the world. We are enthusiasts building for enthusiasts. You have every right to expect the very best of Arkonik and the very best from your Defender, however, we are only human and your Defender is a machine. Even brand new Defenders are (and always have been) fraught with minor eccentricities and faults, such as; small oil leaks and oil misting, ingress of water or draughts through door seals, poor cold starting, fluctuating engine idle (gasoline), seemingly excessive smoke from the exhaust on cold start-up (diesel), inefficient cabin heaters, slow windscreen wipers, minor electrical niggles, rattles and noise, electrolytic corrosion to bodywork, minor surface rust to metal parts, transmission noise or slack etc. (For more information on the eccentricities of used Defender ownership see section 10).

1.d. Please be prepared for what a Defender really is, you are not buying a new car. You are buying a customised (up to) 25 + year old vehicle which was built for utility not luxury. You may experience some or all of the above during your early and ongoing ownership. If you are not prepared to suffer a draught or a leaking differential leaving a few spots of oil on your driveway, then please do not proceed with purchasing a Defender. If you are, on the other hand, happy to acknowledge that historic vehicle ownership and particularly Defender ownership requires enthusiastic care then you and your family may be rewarded with a lifelong partner in your adventures across the Earth.

1.e.We would rather not sell you one of our machines if you are not going to take a responsibility for loving it and accepting it for what it is. Whilst we have a warranty program we do expect you to take ownership and responsibility of your machine from day one. Defenders are for enthusiastic car owners, do not proceed to order if you are not satisfied that you know one end of a spanner from another or are not happy to wrap up warm and manually lock doors and wind down your own window and do not proceed to order if you are not prepared to deal with local registration agencies for, any necessary, testing and titling of your vehicle.
Old October 13th, 2015, 11:41 AM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkonik View Post
Rocky, good to hear from you - contact me at andy.hayes@arkonik.com - there is an all expenses paid trip awaiting you to England - come over my friend and see first hand what we do, alternatively we will bring a vehicle to you for your expert consideration. Whereabouts are you in the USA?
Rocky,
If you don't want it, I'll take it. Lol

Oh wait! I already fly free. But I'll take the rest of the offer.

I've been to thirty countries but I've not been to England yet.
Old October 13th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Quote:
Hi Josh - thanks for your thoughts.....Berkshire were closed because they were breaking the law mate. You would be astonished at just what can happen to our vehicles, if they are not carefully treated, once they leave us.....normally problems occur due to users not understanding how to start or maintain 19J or V8 motors...chokes and glow etc....below is the extract from our website in our terms and conditions which sets our stall out (and always has) real clear....contact me directly if you can....there is an all expenses paid trip for you to England to come see first hand what we do and what it takes i'm really fed up with the bad press we are getting here - would be nice for people to witness the truth, cheers mate

1.c.Arkonik restores and delivers used Land Rover Defenders to the highest of standards available anywhere in the world. We are enthusiasts building for enthusiasts. You have every right to expect the very best of Arkonik and the very best from your Defender, however, we are only human and your Defender is a machine. Even brand new Defenders are (and always have been) fraught with minor eccentricities and faults, such as; small oil leaks and oil misting, ingress of water or draughts through door seals, poor cold starting, fluctuating engine idle (gasoline), seemingly excessive smoke from the exhaust on cold start-up (diesel), inefficient cabin heaters, slow windscreen wipers, minor electrical niggles, rattles and noise, electrolytic corrosion to bodywork, minor surface rust to metal parts, transmission noise or slack etc. (For more information on the eccentricities of used Defender ownership see section 10).

1.d. Please be prepared for what a Defender really is, you are not buying a new car. You are buying a customised (up to) 25 + year old vehicle which was built for utility not luxury. You may experience some or all of the above during your early and ongoing ownership. If you are not prepared to suffer a draught or a leaking differential leaving a few spots of oil on your driveway, then please do not proceed with purchasing a Defender. If you are, on the other hand, happy to acknowledge that historic vehicle ownership and particularly Defender ownership requires enthusiastic care then you and your family may be rewarded with a lifelong partner in your adventures across the Earth.

1.e.We would rather not sell you one of our machines if you are not going to take a responsibility for loving it and accepting it for what it is. Whilst we have a warranty program we do expect you to take ownership and responsibility of your machine from day one. Defenders are for enthusiastic car owners, do not proceed to order if you are not satisfied that you know one end of a spanner from another or are not happy to wrap up warm and manually lock doors and wind down your own window and do not proceed to order if you are not prepared to deal with local registration agencies for, any necessary, testing and titling of your vehicle.
Is there a 1.a. & 1.b.?
Old October 13th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
I'll PM you the cost of my upcoming trip. If you paypal via gift the full cost, I'll come and visit you in December.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat