Ok –Here is the summary of my extensive research on ARB Locker pricing.
The parameters of my research are as follows;
1. I tried to get it priced as a package when I could Locker, Compressor, Inflation Kit, No sense in
buying these from 3 different venders.
2. The Conversation was short, when the Price of the locker was over $700.
3. Keep in mind that you will have to pay tax if you buy it in state.
4. You will have to pay shipping if not local.
5. Later I realized that I will need new carrier bearings and that they will have to be pressed on to the
carrier (I knew this but spaced it off in the beginning.)
Here are the three finalists-
Shaffer’s Off-road: good guys... said they had never sold a Rover locker before. (?????) Good prices but not that great.
Off Road Toy Store: I have bought 2 Warn winches from them. They are good to deal with. You can save shipping by picking it up yourself at a Denver warehouse, but pay local tax. They are basically parts brokers, and willing to cut prices for a sale.
And the winner is……………… (drum role here)………….
Great Basin Rovers
Package deal—Locker, Compressor, Inflation Kit, Bearings (installed on the carrier) and shipped to my door step.
This deal cost me basically 2$ on a $1k Deal! I won’t have to chase down bearings and a press for the instalation, and of course free technical advice if needed….should I brain cramp all of my mechanical ability.