Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 30th, 2008, 07:43 PM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
ARB 1, Truck 0

Thought I would pass this along. I recently sold my ARB bumper I had on an old jeep cherokee years ago. I just heard back from the gentlemen that I sold it to. Apparently he was in an accident with the bumper on his jeep and he sent me the pics.

I don't believe there was any damage to his jeep and as you can see in the pics, the truck that pulled out in front of him was pretty messed up. I always thought that ARB would hold up well....
Attached Images
File Type: bmp jeff's pics.bmp (225.1 KB, 210 views)
File Type: bmp jeff pic2.bmp (225.1 KB, 199 views)
File Type: bmp jeff pic3.bmp (225.1 KB, 184 views)
File Type: bmp jeff pic4.bmp (225.1 KB, 176 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 30th, 2008, 08:48 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
I hope the owner of the truck plans to pay for the cost of touch up paint! LOL
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:02 AM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
It's funny you mention it. The guy who owns the jeep said the other guy's insurance was going to give him something like $250 to have the bumper repainted!!

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me... especially since he only paid me $450 for the bumper in the first place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2008, 08:54 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
even better when you read on the various fora how flimsy and worthless they are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpamike
It's funny you mention it. The guy who owns the jeep said the other guy's insurance was going to give him something like $250 to have the bumper repainted!!

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me... especially since he only paid me $450 for the bumper in the first place.
Old May 1st, 2008, 10:27 PM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
ARB flimsy and worthless?? are you kidding?
Old May 1st, 2008, 10:29 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

I am probably part of that "Fora"... I had an ARB on both trucks, I really, really dislike them. I am going to try and sell the one off the SW again soon. Did I mention how much I hate them?

BTW Mike, why were you not at Uwharrie this year?

Old May 1st, 2008, 10:55 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Scott, do you think you can manage to work up some more hate for your bumper? I'd like to make you an offer on it, but I'd like for you to really hate it and practically want to give it away

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old May 2nd, 2008, 10:26 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Funny. A few years ago I was rear ended pretty hard by a Camery. When I got out I could see the mangled front end of the car with it's hood all bowed up etc. and was dreading looking at the back of the 90. Not a scratch, and it was the stock set up. Her agent was really cool and told me to bring it in anyway to see if he could find anything wrong. Not a scratch....
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:12 PM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
I really liked the ARB I had on the Jeep. It was bullet proof. I did all kinds of funny angled pulls with it and it always came out on top. After seeing it come out almost unscathed from it's accident with the truck I am reassured that they are good bumpers. That said, I don't like how they look on rovers... the biggest thing for me is that they hang out too far. I love the Rockware I've got on my truck now.

Scott, I really hated that I missed the URE. Chrissy and I were so excited to get outside for the weekend and meet up with everyone. Unfortunately she broke her foot Thursday night and instead of rovering down to Uwharrie we rovered down to the ER and spent some quality time in the hospital. It sounded like everyone had a great time though and I can't wait to make the next trip.
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:33 PM
lobster
Rob Goodall
1995 D90

here is an old post of when an caddy ran into me. Love the arb. http://www.defendersource.com/discus...s/46/2135.html
Old May 6th, 2008, 03:14 PM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
These are funny. For all the heat ARB bumpers seem to take, they seem to hold up pretty well in accidents. Here are some photos from Man-a-fre Land Cruiser's site, story is at the bottom of the linked page...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hit1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	13321   Click image for larger version

Name:	hit2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	13322  

Attached Images

Old May 7th, 2008, 01:35 AM
LenB
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config

Registry
I bought my ARB for it's design to withstand animal strikes on the highway - it's designed to flip kangaroos, antellope and deer up and over your vehicle. Oh ya - it is suppose to be good for winching and vehicle recovery too. One evening back in Dec 05 a driver decided to change lanes into my D90 - I turned away pretty quick he didn't. My fender skin got a small ding -The only damage to my arb was some of the honda paint was rubbed off onto my bumber - I buffed it out. Since the repair bill was being paid by his insurance I bought a new fender - sprayed it with Dupont Chroma One (single stage paint) and installed it myself.

You can buy any bumper you want for your vehicle - there area myriad of ARB knock offs and look a likes - I'll just tough it out with my ARB.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rover_1.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	13331   Click image for larger version

Name:	honda_0.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	13332  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat