apparently people in colorado don't appreciate my 27 year old defender - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 13th, 2012, 12:23 PM
TravelerBT
Philip Marshall
none - :*(

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatblanket View Post
In that case increase the fueling before driving through Boulder.
ROFL! I bow hunt up at sugarloaf right above boulder... last year I got a dear and hung the head out of the tailgate of my defender and drove right through downtown... it was freekin' awesome... had people calling me a murderer as I drove by...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 13th, 2012, 12:26 PM
waveridin1959
Brian Jones
1995 D-90 ST #2892

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by giftshopduane View Post
It's only going to get worse... forget "Zombie Apocalypse" were are heading towards a total "Self Righteous Special Interest Pious Asshole Apocalypse".
I think this everytime i see a Prius.

“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”
Old July 13th, 2012, 12:41 PM
geoellis
George
1995 D90 #2904 - BB

Add the Volt to the list. Let's not forget that the O administration trashed the rights of secured creditors and burned bankruptcy law to save that green vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 13th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelerBT View Post
"Voluntary action is REQUESTED" So let me translate... total waste of tax payer money...

If they had actually looked at the registration...

1. It is DIESEL in WELD county... no Diesel emissions in my county!!!
2. it is 27 years old and nearly qualified as a classic vehicle... NO EMISSIONS

just asinine
When I went to college at CU, I registered my Jeep without exhaust and cats in Weld county so I could avoid emisions!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old July 13th, 2012, 12:50 PM
UnfrozenCaveman
Keith Armstrong
Various

This is hilarious...so we're supposed to look to the definitions to find out what "visible air pollutant" is, right?

The definitions neatly omit any reference to "visible", I guess we're supposed to know what that means...at what distance, in what environmental / weather conditions, by who's eyesight ... and only defines "air pollutant" as follows:

"Air pollutant" means any fume, smoke, particulate matter, vapor, or gas or any combination thereof which is emitted into or otherwise enters the atmosphere, including, but not limited to, any physical, chemical, biological, radioactive (including source material, special nuclear material, and by-product material) substance or matter, but "air pollutant" does not include water vapor or steam condensate or any other emission exempted by the commission consistent with the federal act. Such term includes any precursors to the formation of any air pollutant, to the extent the administrator of the United States environmental protection agency or the commission has identified such precursor or precursors for the particular purpose for which the term "air pollutant" is used.Well what in the blazes do the authors think comes out of an exhaust pipe?

We're headed that way next month. It's getting close to being the third state I'll avoid only behind California and Tejas.
Old July 13th, 2012, 12:57 PM
meatblanket
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfrozenCaveman View Post
We're headed that way next month. It's getting close to being the third state I'll avoid only behind California and Tejas.
Unfortunately the Wild West era officially ended in Colorado on July 1, 2005 when, under pressure from the federal government, we enacted an open container law. It's been all downhill from there.
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:00 PM
TravelerBT
Philip Marshall

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
When I went to college at CU, I registered my Jeep without exhaust and cats in Weld county so I could avoid emisions!
They actually just passed a law for GAS emissions... but diesels are still exempt

------ Follow up post added July 13th, 2012 11:02 AM ------

Quote:
Unfortunately the Wild West era officially ended in Colorado on July 1, 2005 when, under pressure from the federal government, we enacted an open container law. It's been all downhill from there.
but we still have drive through liquor stores
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:08 PM
meatblanket
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelerBT View Post

but we still have drive through liquor stores
And thankfully still no helmet law, even though it costs us dearly in terms of federal funding for highway construction.
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:28 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
It was obviously pre-Prius, etc. when I was at CU-Boulder in 90-93, but among my personal favorites was seeing trust-fund pretend hippies bitch about the environment, beat their drums, listen to the Dead, beg for change on the Mall, etc, while driving new full-size Land Cruisers, immaculately restored FJ40s and VW Buses (which were "a thing" then), drinking Starbucks, and talking on cellphones (which back then were big dough).

Hypocrisy knows no bounds with these types, and anyone not deluding themselves who actually looks into the real costs associated with manufacturing, transport & purchase of cars like the Prius would have to acknowledge that they bought a fashion accessory. (Like the LCs and FJs of back then.)

Murph
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
D90s sold while assigned overseas. You're welcome America!
'06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
'8X FankenRover D100
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelerBT

ROFL! I bow hunt up at sugarloaf right above boulder... last year I got a dear and hung the head out of the tailgate of my defender and drove right through downtown... it was freekin' awesome... had people calling me a murderer as I drove by...

That's pretty funny. I used to live about halfway up Sugarloaf Rd. right about where you could see the city and the Continental Divide at the base of Sugarloaf mtn. Beautiful up there. We would have herds of deer walking through the driveway. Where does one hunt in that area?
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:58 PM
TravelerBT
Philip Marshall

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpayne View Post
That's pretty funny. I used to live about halfway up Sugarloaf Rd. right about where you could see the city and the Continental Divide at the base of Sugarloaf mtn. Beautiful up there. We would have herds of deer walking through the driveway. Where does one hunt in that area?
That is awesome... I hunt RIGHT THERE... there are little bits of national forest between the houses... and for bow season you are all in camo... so most of the time nobody even knows you are there stocking the deer...

Funny story... Just to the east of sugarloaf, there is a guy that used to stand on his porch in the morning and drink coffee naked... never knew we were there... Funny
Old July 13th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
Damn I always had a feeling I was being watched! JK.
Old July 13th, 2012, 02:22 PM
61rover
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloBubba View Post
It was obviously pre-Prius, etc. when I was at CU-Boulder in 90-93, but among my personal favorites was seeing trust-fund pretend hippies bitch about the environment, beat their drums, listen to the Dead, beg for change on the Mall, etc, while driving new full-size Land Cruisers, immaculately restored FJ40s and VW Buses (which were "a thing" then), drinking Starbucks, and talking on cellphones (which back then were big dough).

Hypocrisy knows no bounds with these types, and anyone not deluding themselves who actually looks into the real costs associated with manufacturing, transport & purchase of cars like the Prius would have to acknowledge that they bought a fashion accessory. (Like the LCs and FJs of back then.)

Murph
They're called "Trustafarians".
Old July 13th, 2012, 03:56 PM
DMSLongLake
Dave Sherwood
1994 D90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Too funny...I was hitch-hiking from Winter Park to Granby years ago and got picked up by a guy in a work truck...was surprised to see him drinking a beer...two things people don't do anymore...hitch-hike and drink while driving....

Current Rovers:
1994 D-90 ST #734
2006 LR3
2016 RRS

Past Rovers:
1997 Disco I
1988 Range Rover 40th Anniversary
1999 Disco II
1995 D-90 ST #2731
1997 Range Rover 4.6 HSE Vitesse
2003 Range Rover HSE
2008 RRS
2013 RRS
Old July 13th, 2012, 07:32 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

So let me ask this...in the dead of winter cant you always see visible emissions out of the tailpipe of 98% of the vehicles..??? How do we know if this is "smoke"..????
Old July 13th, 2012, 08:22 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftshopduane View Post
It's only going to get worse... forget "Zombie Apocalypse" were are heading towards a total "Self Righteous Special Interest Pious Asshole Apocalypse".
Agreed. I don't assume anything is out of the realm of possibility.

What prevents states from increasing registration fees to astronomical levels, or better yet simply cease issung registration renewals on older vehicles to "influence" behavior and push people into driving new (or newer) vehicles?

SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) is active in their efforts to protect the rights of collector car owners to use after market parts and enjoy their vehicles: http://www.sema.org/government-affairs
Old July 14th, 2012, 10:37 AM
jabber
m j

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoellis View Post
Colorado shouldn't surprise on this. The state did regulate away coal-fired electric generation after all. A few years back while skiing at Telluride, the electric power went out and the lifts had to switch to back-up diesel for a couple of hourse. Of course, there was smoke coming out of the stacks, etc. It was the focus of derision for days around the mountain. Couldn't go anywhere without anyone talking about how horrible it was to have to run the diesels.
I live 'round boulder... this is funny, cause they still have a coal powered electric plant.

Meatblanket.. How's the 200 running? Make sure to crank the fueling next time we grab beers up this way! hahaha

TravelerBT... I hate those "Boulder-Hippies". Voluntary Anonymous spying... read about this the last time I had my old disco emmissions tested. Luckily my 86 110, now runs like a top.
Old July 14th, 2012, 11:52 AM
geoellis
George
1995 D90 #2904 - BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber View Post
I live 'round boulder... this is funny, cause they still have a coal powered electric plant.
Not so funny.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_797445.html
http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/apr2...04-19-091.html
Old July 14th, 2012, 12:35 PM
jabber
m j

Very interesting. Hopefully they'll work something out. To many Boulder-ites need power to charge all their battery powered cars & gadgets.
Old January 5th, 2013, 05:01 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
I tried searching and couldnt find it but what is the Colorado exemption list that the Defender is on called so I dont have to put my truck on the rollers since its not as stable?
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
colorado