Old March 3rd, 2015, 04:01 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
App Radio 4

Anyone running this?

Pioneer SPH-DA120 AppRadio 4 Smartphone receiver at Crutchfield.com

I am intrigued by the apple carplay feature. I know some guys are running earlier app radios just wasn't sure if anyone had played with the 4 yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 3rd, 2015, 04:05 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

I'm running a earlier version, using a app that lets my android take it over completely. Love the radio. Waiting on the steering wheel control adapter so I can close up the dash panel

Unknown Author

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153
Old March 3rd, 2015, 04:50 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
thats slick, nice setup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 3rd, 2015, 06:20 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
That's going to be slick. Huge display! I had a tv in the 80's that was smaller than that screen!
Old March 3rd, 2015, 06:50 PM
drdread
AL
'94 NAS 90 SW

Registry
Don't confuse car play with App Radio. I have both with my new Pioneer NEX DVD receiver. If you read amazon reviews you'll see car play is somewhat limited and apple/pioneer haven't quite worked out all the kinks. CarPlay limits you to use what Apple wants you to use. For example, IMO their maps (sucks) and I use waze in all my vehicles instead. If you want the best bang for the buck and you are using an iPhone, use the mirror functionality of the pioneers App Radio which let's you project everything on to your radio's touch screen and use it like your phone. That being said this is a bad ass system and I would've gotten this, but I just wanted a couple more features this didn't have

Alpine also has a nice system that is very similar but it is more Android friendly and doesn't allow mirroring on the iPhone (unlike the Pioneer which is mostly iPhone with some Androids). If you're iPhone get pioneer IMO.

Hope this helps.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 08:05 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPT90 View Post
thats slick, nice setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
That's going to be slick. Huge display! I had a tv in the 80's that was smaller than that screen!
Thanks gentlemen, it is a work in progress. 7" display, I believe.

Basically the app I have allows full mirroring of my Android on it. So google nav/maps, torque app for obdII and anything else you want is displayed just like on your phone. It has full touch screen etc. I even have the PDF repair manual for the DII on there for ready viewing lol.

I have a old android phone in the glovebox that is wired in. I turn on my wifi hotspot on the Note 4 and it feeds the radio.

I love it but mine is a AppRadio 2, I picked it up though for $189.00 small money for a great system. The only thing I don't like is the resolution is a bit low.

Unknown Author

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
radio