Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 2nd, 2010, 12:22 AM
J. Andrew
J. Andrew
95 D90 NAS SW #384
Apartment search, garage mandatory?

Some back story... I (and my D90) live in an apartment complex with covered parking. My 95 SW has zero rust... anywhere, the PO (2nd) barely drove it, and it was a garage queen. It is now my DD and I hate to think that it will be spending all its time outside in the elements (we get hard rain in New Orleans).

I am looking moving to a new apartment, and found an awesome place, with 1 car garage, thing that sucks... to top of garage door is 6'6... I brought a tape measure with me to view the apartment lol.

I have nice motorcycle and I like to cycle, so the garage would get use, and it would be nice to have storage (for parts) and I could pull the rig in a few feet while wrenching on it. As of now, the only place i've ever seen water get in when she's out in the rain is from the clutch box and onto the rubber floormat.

Old May 2nd, 2010, 09:25 AM
Stuart Ivie
2001 Disco II
With a 90 that clean I would go out of my way to keep it garaged; especially so in Nawlins.

Southern Land Rover Society
Old May 2nd, 2010, 09:41 AM
Red 94 D-90 (SOLD)
I agree, get a garage if you can. You may also want to replace the vent seals with the SIII style. I did it this weekend, as I was get a bit of water on the floor. A PITA, but I hear well worth it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat