Anyone using Geico Insurance? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 31st, 2015, 07:49 PM
speedpin
Adam
1985 130 Gen IV

Registry
I have used american collectors car insuance recommended through usaa. Have had it on 2 90s. Yeah if you roll it wheeling its not covered but not sure how many policies would. Mine is not a dd. Put between "pleasure" driving, to and from hh (i mean car shows) to and from a shop for repair I drive it plenty. Think its 3k miles a year but they dont ask annually. . Prety loose with "restrictions" and not likely to be messed with while driving unless you get pulled for something else.
Advertisement

Old July 31st, 2015, 07:51 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Yes, Hagerty told me they wouldn't insure a DD or off-roader.
They told me the same thing...
Old July 31st, 2015, 08:06 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
I am having trouble finding agreed value ($100k), daily driver coverage for my '94 110. As it's not 25 years old, American Classic and Haggerty won't touch it. USAA will cover it up to $70k, which I think is close enough, I just worry about proving that high-end replacement valuation.
Not trying to be a dick at all, I swear!! Where do you come up with a value of 100k? Based on NADA replacement value in excellent condition is 72k and your truck has a blemished Title(not sure if that matters) but that is where they are probably are getting the value. What you spend to get it there doesn't matter. If you put your custom parts receipts on top of that they should cover the value difference as well, as long as the parts are secured down. That is policy for many but not all insurance company's.
Advertisement

Old July 31st, 2015, 10:08 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewie212 View Post
Not trying to be a dick at all, I swear!! Where do you come up with a value of 100k? Based on NADA replacement value in excellent condition is 72k and your truck has a blemished Title(not sure if that matters) but that is where they are probably are getting the value. What you spend to get it there doesn't matter. If you put your custom parts receipts on top of that they should cover the value difference as well, as long as the parts are secured down. That is policy for many but not all insurance company's.
Yeah, you're being a dick. Blemished title? WTF did you get that from? I have a clear title and receipts currently well above the $70k max valuation.

Where do you think ECR and Copley trucks get their 6 figure valuation from?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:27 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer

What ever, don't get your panties in a wad! Your having your truck completely rebuilt so your title doesn't reflect the actual product. I was referring to the possible salvage title? I thought you bought the truck that was wrecked on its way to Colorado on the transporter? All I was saying was that insurance companies base their value off of year and condition. You should call ECR and Copley and see who they insure with? I am currently dealing with an insurance regarding a vehicle, and bC there was no assessment of the vehicle prior to accident they are only willing to pay out for a good condition vehicle. Like home owners insurance can you not buy additional coverage to cover the additional bells and whistles? That is a question I am asking and I really wasn't trying to be a dick! For once...
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:39 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
You're making a lot of assumptions. Despite the donor truck being in TWO separate accidents actually (off-road rollover & top/bridge contact), neither were ever reported to insurance companies. So my donor truck came with a nice clean title.

Keep in mind, I am not building the truck, so I am paying $$ for labor, plus it has all new parts, and a lot of upgrades and new ideas.

I do plan on getting an appraisal once I get the truck, and the build is well documented with receipts and photos.

I just need to decide to if going with the max valuation from USAA at $70k is worth the risk. That policy will allow me to drive as much as I want with no limitations.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:56 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer

Only assumption I made was a blemished title, and like I said bC your completely rebuilding the vehicle I didnt know if that would even effect the value after the build was completed... The statement of the vin not matching the build is 100% accurate, if you decipher your vin/title it will say 94 red defender 90 two door v8 manual sT which does not reflect the 110 four door wagon arles blue with a Deisel... Either way when insuring a 100k DD is the hurdle you are having to over come... Good luck
Old July 31st, 2015, 11:27 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewie212 View Post
Only assumption I made was a blemished title, and like I said bC your completely rebuilding the vehicle I didnt know if that would even effect the value after the build was completed... The statement of the vin not matching the build is 100% accurate, if you decipher your vin/title it will say 94 red defender 90 two door v8 manual sT which does not reflect the 110 four door wagon arles blue with a Deisel... Either way when insuring a 100k DD is the hurdle you are having to over come... Good luck
You're right on decoding the VIN, we all know that. I had the title changed to 110 SW and diesel, FYI. That's also what the truck is already insured as through USAA.

Semper Fi!
Old August 1st, 2015, 01:20 AM
SonnyAK
Sonny
1993 NAS 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjobringer View Post
Sonny, absolutely Hagerty will do NAS 90's and 110's. I quoted them for my '94 NAS 90 but they weren't as competitive as Safeco was. Give them a call, they are the best collector car carrier we represent.
Thanks! We don't daily drive it so Hagerty might be a good option now. Having USAA on it currently, I'm definitely happy with the service, but options are always nice to have for sure!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
insurance