Anyone shot Tannerite with a muzzleloader ? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 1st, 2011, 08:34 AM
Ken Jackson
1985 110 Wagon
Anyone shot Tannerite with a muzzleloader ?

Put this on the Guns and Rover forum the other day. Has anyone ever detonated Tannerite using a .69 cal Muzzleloader. The muzzle velocity is around 800fps which is too low but seen some data on tweaking it up . Looking at using a Davide Pedersoli Harpers Ferry 1816 Conversion .69 cal. It is part of a movie scene where a Ruger .223 jams and the muzzleloader misses once and has to be re-loaded under attack. On the Tannerite pot is does say 2000 fps is needed and a .22 will not work we tried that. The other alternative is a Mosin-Nagant 7.62 but would prefer the Harpers Ferry.

Old December 1st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288
I've shot a shit load of Tannerite but never with a muzzleloader. I have shot muzzleloaders over a chronograph. Even shooting a round ball in a fifty I don't think I ever quite made 2000 fps, although you can come pretty close. Maybe a long barrelled squirrel rifle could pull it off. Or maybe you could push a real light sabot up to 2000.
8-track, gun rack, spittoon, gimbal mounted beer buoy, blah, blah, blah, blah......

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat