Anyone order from across the pond before? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 20th, 2010, 05:13 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Anyone order from across the pond before?

So after 10 months of searching for Tposts, I am about to place an order overseas. Supposedly lrseries has them. Well it's listed anyway. I received an email for a price quote and the freight charges were 140. I assume that's to the door? Anyone ordered stuff before and then get it stuck at customs? Any input or ideas about alternatives would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2010, 05:24 PM
alastair
AJS
84/94/95/2013

I've been buying and selling non-Rover bits and pieces from abroad for years. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from a reputable foreign vendor. However, right now you might run into delays caused by the volcanic discharge. The BBC website says they are just lifting the flight restrictions today, but that still means a backlog of several days... just food for thought.
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:14 PM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

I've ordered multiple rover bits... never had a problem... works best if you call and talk to them though
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2010, 06:19 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

britcar
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:23 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

I ordered from Britpart a few times without
problems but shipping is always a pita, expensive
and in my case complicated.
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:26 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
I'll have to check these places out. Britcar don't have them. Damn.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:36 PM
grnrvrs
Paul

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from LRSeries, Paddocks and Craddocks. Never a prob. I usually go with UPS, because they do a good job of getting it to me in a timely fashion and handling customs. I usually get a letter from UPS a week or so later with the small(ish) customs import fee. No probs.

Britcar may be good, but I've not dealt with them.
Old April 20th, 2010, 07:18 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

http://www.brit-car.co.uk

Ask for duncan
Old April 20th, 2010, 07:31 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

I have made several purchases from lrseries, if it is on thier site 99.999% of the time it is in stock. I have recently stopped buying from them as they jacked up their shipping sky high but they have always been great to deal with.

I made 1 purchase from brit-car and they found some things for me that they did not have in stock, took a long time to get the parts but shipping was ok and they got most everything that I needed. Good communication for a brit company.
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:15 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Just sent an email to Duncan. Let's see what happens. I couldn't find the part number on their website. I have read horrible things about paddocks, especially about emails, so trying to avoid them. Looking at Craddocks now.

Dave, the shipping quote they gave you from lrseries.com, is that to your door or to the custom's office? Thanks

Old April 20th, 2010, 08:30 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Always to my door, never had an issue.

Craddocks has been good to deal with as well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac