Anyone in Savannah, Ga area? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 9th, 2005, 04:16 PM
jcasteel
John Casteel
1961 Series IIa

Anyone in Savannah, Ga area?

Completely off topic to Defenders but you guys seem a nice bunch.

My wife and I have been planning to move to Savannah, GA for about 3 years now. With a new daughter we've decided that the time is right to follow this dream. Are there any of you guys or girls in the Savannah area that I could talk to and begin networking to find a job in the area?

A short resume not in chronological order:

9 years in a bicycle shop (I put myself through college).
2 years remodeling houses in Atlanta, GA.
5 years as a computer programmer with Delta Air Lines.
5 years owning my own business as a network administrator for advertising company.
14 years total, including the 10 years above, working with computers.
MCP certified (Windows XP) working on MCSE. I am currently employed as a computer consultant.
BS in Management and in Marketing.

I enjoy my career with computers but I'd like to see what else is out there.

If you might be able to help me start networking I'd love to talk to you and buy you a lunch next time I'm in Savannah. We're ready to move as soon as I can find a job and we are determined to be relocated no later that spring of 2006.

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

John Casteel
jaypee@thecasteels.com
678-576-7925
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
John,

I live in Savannah, GA and I also work for the local Land Rover Centre, Land Rover Hilton Head just across the river in South Carolina. Is there a particular part of town that you like? My wife and I lived downtown for 2 years, right in the heart of the Historic District. We just moved to Ardesly Park. How familiar are you with Savannah? There are plenty of opporutunites for builders in this area. Also, quite a few Defender Owner's. Feel free to give me a call or drop an email sometime. We'll chat! The number at the Centre is (843) 705-7493.

Will H.

'97 D-90 #1008

email- whedrick@landroverhiltonhead.com
Old May 10th, 2005, 10:46 AM
jcasteel
John Casteel
1961 Series IIa

Will H, thanks for the response. I thought this might be a long shot so I'm glad to hear from someone so fast.

Our first choice is to live in the historic district. Bolton (I think that's the street) is about as far south as we're presently considering in the historic district. We also really like the Ardesly Park area so that is probably the second choice. A couple of years ago we actually bought the house at 911 W. 37th street but we had a contigency related to the cost of structural repairs. A termite inspection caused us to back out due to expected repairs exceeding the contigency in the contract. We were going to work on the house on weekends over a few years but we backed out, got pregnant, and now here we are still with Savannah on our mind.

I'm feel pretty familiar with Savannah geographically but I've only just seriously started looking at employment there.

I'll give you a call in the next few days. Thanks for your response.

John Casteel

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat