Anyone heard from Keith Gates aka RGRRVR? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 28th, 2014, 09:08 AM
ScottS
Scott Shelley
None

Anyone heard from Keith Gates aka RGRRVR?

I hope someone here can help me. I need to get in contact with Keith AKA RGRRVR. I Paypaled him a large amount of money for some parts a week ago and have not heard a word from him. After numerous emails trying to contact him and arrange shipping and to figure out what is going on, I'm feeling a bit uneasy. I have never been ripped off purchasing things over the internet and want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, if I do not hear from him shortly I will have to escalate this. So, if anyone has a phone number or knows how to contact Keith, please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 28th, 2014, 09:13 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Scott, considering how many things he's sold here I highly doubt you're being ripped off, but rather something may have happened beyond his control. He has not been on here since the 23rd. If he had been on here this morning then I'd say perhaps something was suspect, but something else is probably going on.

For example, these RockWare mounts were shipped and arrived just as described.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=56691
Old October 28th, 2014, 09:20 AM
ScottS
Scott Shelley
None

I have considered that and that is why I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. I hope that he is okay and am hoping someone who knows him will let me know what is going on or somehow reassure me on this. Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 28th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

I'm sure it will turn out fine, he's been a member since 2007. Not likely it's intentional that he's not replying.
Old October 28th, 2014, 09:36 AM
ScottS
Scott Shelley
None

I hope you are right Bill. It is his track record here that has kept me relatively calm about the whole thing.
Old October 28th, 2014, 10:32 AM
lrnasd90
J. Landers
1983 110 LHD Galvanized Everything

I have dealt with him in person, stand up guy. If I am not mistaken he is an ER doc, might be on a 36 hour shift or something.
93 NAS D110 #137 Sold
1-94 NAS D90 #702 Sold
2-94 NAS D90s (#1112, #1586)tdi Sold
95 NAS D90 #262 Sold
1-97 NAS D90 #642 Sold
2-97 NAS D90s LE (#82,#222)Sold
110 Crew Cab Td5 Sold
Hybrid Series 3 Sold
3-D1 Sold
1- D2 Sold
4- RRC Sold
83 110 5dr Diesel (current)
97 Disco XD tdi (current)
I can quit at any time I am not an addict!!
Old October 28th, 2014, 10:42 AM
ScottS
Scott Shelley
None

I hope you are right. It's been a week.
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:04 PM
ScottS
Scott Shelley
None

I'm still looking and still no reply to my multiple email to his address. I'm not sure about the rest of you but I am a trusting person. I have made many internet purchases all over the world. I have never had anyone do this to me. I'm wondering what all of you would do if you sent someone close to a $1000.00 and they stopped communicating for a week. I do not want to soils his reputation but this is making me extremely upset.
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Chill!

I know $1000 is nothing to sneeze at, but you only pinged the board this morning looking for him. It is very possible there is a reason. Anything from a personal emergency to computer meltdown. He could have shipped your stuff and went out in the woods hunting for all you know.

It's not my money so I guess it's easy for me to say, but you did ask the forum (collectively) and as a person with no interest either way, I suggest you take a deep breath and maybe don't "escalate" things.
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:28 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Holy shoot... For once I 2nd what Jackie says..
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:31 PM
ScottS
Scott Shelley
None

I pinged the board after cooling my jets for a week. I know he did not ship because we agreed he would drop at a freight terminal on a pallet. Part of the reason I need to coordinate with him. I'm getting seriously pissed...
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:55 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Holy shit.. Will someone please get in touch with this guy before Scott has a coronary or pops a main blood vessel..
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Or maybe someone get Scott some decaf
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:59 PM
ScottS
Scott Shelley
None

Send me some decaf without $1000 and I'll be fine
Old October 28th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
You know if a month went by.. I can see the excitement, but a week and most importantly few hours on the board.. with no answer is no reason to burst a blood vessel.

As many suggested.. chil for a bit... drink some decaf... get laid LOL
Old October 28th, 2014, 09:04 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Scott, honestly I think you will be fine.. By now someone who personally knows the guy will have gotten in touch with him..or at least left a message for him to respond before someone goes postal..I would say you will hear from him today or tomorrow....if not... Go ape shit on his ass...
Old October 28th, 2014, 09:05 PM
ScottS
Scott Shelley
None

Next time someone takes $1000 if yours in a transaction and stops communicating get back to me....even after you get laid!
Old October 28th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
Next time someone takes $1000 if yours in a transaction and stops communicating get back to me....even after you get laid!

DEAL...

NOW when you hear from him... what will you do to UNDO what has been done thus far?

a little history in life

send someone a lot more than $ 1,000 ( on a wire transfer ) and stop all communication , he crashed on his bike, with his cell toasted... heard back in 20+ days
and as an apology for the delay he got me diner for 2 a Morton's of Chicago including wine...

while it might appear uneasy.. not everyone is a crook

GL
Old October 28th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
DEAL...

NOW when you hear from him... what will you do to UNDO what has been done thus far?

a little history in life

send someone a lot more than $ 1,000 ( on a wire transfer ) and stop all communication , he crashed on his bike, with his cell toasted... heard back in 20+ days
and as an apology for the delay he got me diner for 2 a Morton's of Chicago including wine...

while it might appear uneasy.. not everyone is a crook

GL

Exactly!
At this point you should take a step back and hope everything is okay with him and his family etc.
I'm not saying that you shouldn't be thinking about it, but you went from asking where he is this morning to 8 hours later getting pretty wound up even after some long standing members vouched for him. He's been a member since 2007 and has 447 posts, so that tells me perhaps he doesn't live to check D-90 and maybe you should give him a few days after broadcasting a BOLO.

So as I'm writing this, I'm remembering that I left a few hundred dollars and a set of drawings with a steel fabricator about a month ago to fabricate so,e steel sections for a pavilion project. The past two Mondays I've left messages with a status update. Nothing, radio silence. This shop is a very typical small business. Owner wears all the hats (phones, ordering, customer service, employee issues) and I'm sure he's got a family as well. Instead of sweating it, I'll just call home tomorrow at a different time to see if I catch him. I realize that I can simply drive 20 minutes to the shop if need be (I understand that's not an option for you) but my point is that my panties are not in a twist. This guy has been in business for well over 10 years and people know him. He's busy. I get it. I want my stuff but the world doesn't revolve around my stupid small $700 order. I'll get my stuff.

You will get your stuff. Don't plant negative seeds without giving him some time man!
He's not Werewolf! (Inside joke)

EDIT: stats indicate he has been on the site within the past 24 hrs, so let the site do it's work. He'll see you're looking.
Old October 28th, 2014, 09:49 PM
ScottS
Scott Shelley
None

Here's a little more information for you guys to chew on. I paid him via PayPal on 10/21. The stuff I purchased was on a different site. On 10/22 in the morning I sent an email asking for contact info for the shipper. I sent another email in the afternoon requesting the same info. No response. On 10/23 he was on this site posting about an item he was selling. Today I sent a message to him in regards to the item being sold here. He does not know my Defender source ID. He responded today telling me that item was still available. He is alive and has not been in a bike accident. Yet still no response to my many emails I sent about the item I purchased from another site. That is why I am so upset.

I'm a small business owner and I don't buy the excuses. I wear all the hats and manage all sorts of things. If someone sends me money for something I do my part to complete the transaction as quickly as possible. No excuses. No bullshit. If he was here today he had time to at least send me an email letting me know what's going on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

« F-22 | spintires »