Anybody know where to find the Wolf air duct inlets? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 17th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Anybody know where to find the Wolf air duct inlets?

I need to track down a picture again, but does anybody know if the Wolf edition air inlets are available anywhere? They seem to be a much better design for snowy/rainy areas. I have seen them on real trucks too, but all I could find was photos of a model that has them.

Look at the top of the left fender where the air intake is on this picture, that's what I want to find. I think I've seen them for both fenders too.

-Hans
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LR004b.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1304  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2004, 02:45 AM
whistler110
Mike Johnstone
ex-mod 110

Wolf vent covers.

I've been looking for them as well and the only source I have found is P.A. Blanchards in the UK. They have them listed for 46GBP. www.pablanchard.co.uk.
Old August 19th, 2004, 05:15 AM
XD90
James Morgan
1986 Ex MOD XD90

they are availible direct from land rover i lent my EPC out so i cant get the part number at the moment but im sure somone has it

i wouldnt bother getting them if ya do much offroading tho cos they will just rip off .... like mine did

if you want them and cant source them locally let me know and i'll pick you some up and ship em out to ya

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 19th, 2004, 11:24 PM
whistler110
Mike Johnstone
ex-mod 110

I've been looking for them because of snow plugging up my heater intake. The snow here can be wet and heavey, so when I need more air for the demister is when the snow plugs the air flow.

How much have you seen them for, I thought 46 GBP was a little steep.
Old August 19th, 2004, 11:47 PM
XD90
James Morgan
1986 Ex MOD XD90

i can look into it for ya dont know costs as yet or parts needed wont be cheap tho as its LRSV stuff
is that price from blanchards the kit price or just the intake ... lots of people are just sticking the intake cover on here just for the looks purpose

James

Follow-up Post:

just wonderd .. is this for the 2.5 na?
i know the wolf type ones on the side are for 300tdi's and td5's
another option for you would be a snorkel of course .. the wolf snorkles are the best lookers but $$$ mucho
Old August 20th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

I was hoping to put it on my NAS '94 Defender in the winter for just regular driving. I got quite tired of the intakes getting clogged with snow all winter. Mainly I am concerned with the heater intake, as I am probably going to fit an exhaust fan into the other vent to try and cool the engine compartment.

-Hans

Old August 20th, 2004, 01:50 AM
whistler110
Mike Johnstone
ex-mod 110

My truck is a 2.5NA but I just need it for the heater intake on the right hand side. I'm going to do a snorkel for the engine intake on the Left side. I don't think I need a kit because the heater intake goes right to the vent, so I just need a cover. I'm pretty sure that a NAS Defender would have the same style heater intake but I'm not sure what side.

That price was for PA Blanchard but I'm not sure if it was for kit or not.

I was looking at the safari snorkel, I like the look of it. The Wolf ones are pretty big, too big IMO and pricey so I don't think I'll bother.
Old August 20th, 2004, 01:40 PM
XD90
James Morgan
1986 Ex MOD XD90

ahhh i see didnt realise it was for the heater ... not sure how the wolf intake will affect yoyur heater performance tho as the air intake sucks and the heater intake relys on forced air as the Lr heater blower is kinda crap pulling air thru the intake might well lessen performance of it to upgrade my heater i used a scoop on the heater intake ... ill nip out and take a pic in a sec didnt make a major difference but enough to make it worth spending the 20£ or whatever it was anyway ill go grab a shot of it for ya

James
Old August 20th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Tom Morrison
Tom Morrison
94 NAS 90 (300 TDI)

I've had decent results with the unit Rover's North sells. With the stock vent, I would get snow stuck in the blower which resulted in a blown fuse when I went to defrost my wind shield.

Haven't had the problem since. I also used it as a mounting point(cover) for an external GPS antenna.
Old August 21st, 2004, 01:23 AM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Right now I have the rovers north vent/scoop already on there. Not bad, but with a real heavy snow I need to clean it off by hand first and I have had it clog up again while driving. Worse is when rain or melted snow gets down in there and freezes inside the intake box. Then I just have to wait for the engine heat to melt it before anything moves.

-Hans

Old August 24th, 2004, 08:24 PM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

pablanchard.co.uk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
body