Anybody have pictures of SW doors on a ST? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 1st, 2008, 06:14 PM
Quimbola
Josh
1994 #1695 Not stock.

Anybody have pictures of SW doors on a ST?

Thinking of swapping. Any pics would be great!!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 1st, 2008, 06:40 PM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Here ya go . . .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0126.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	12387   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2851.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	12388  

Old March 1st, 2008, 06:55 PM
Quimbola
Josh
1994 #1695 Not stock.

Looks good.

Any tips on doing the swap?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 1st, 2008, 08:09 PM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
It is pretty straight forward. If I remember correctly, I only had to drill 4 holes. 2 at the left and right rear top corners of the tub, and 1 or 2 for the hinge of the tailgate. It is just slightly different between ST and SW.

Besides that, just take your time, get a friend or 2 to help lift the hard top off. If you are removing the jump seats and the seat belts in the rear, that is the most time consuming part. It is just awkward trying to reach the bolts.

Good luck!
Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:07 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I think all he wants to do is add station wagon doors - if thats the case then they'll bolt right on. The differeneces you will have to deal with are the fact that the door striker is in a different spot (and is a different part) and that station wagon doors have a different check strap than the 94 soft top doors - so the'll have to be replaced to unless you want your door to flap freeley and dent the upright on the bulkhead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:40 AM
Treuwer
Trae Reuwer
94 D90

Greg, tell me about that rack you have in the rear. It looks like it's floating above your badger tonneau... how does that work?
Old March 2nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozman
Here ya go . . .
that's a great looking D90.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 07:36 PM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treuwer
Greg, tell me about that rack you have in the rear. It looks like it's floating above your badger tonneau... how does that work?
That is a Kargomaster 42" x 50" rack I bought from Quadratec. In the picture it is truly just sitting on the tonneau cover because I had just received it and I was making sure it would fit.

I am fabricating a sheetmetal tonnea cover that will have 2 crossbars about 4 inches above the metal cover. The rack will be sitting on the rack, with the spare flat mounted to it. I hope to have this done in the next few weeks, so I will post some pics when it is complete.

Greg

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteD90
that's a great looking D90.
Thanks!
Old March 3rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Treuwer
Trae Reuwer
94 D90

Please do post up. It's a shame that I got excited when I saw the cage sitting on top of the tonneau- I have the same set up and I regret it's wasted space. I did see some Jeep products that hung from the roll bars for the same purpose, but I don't think our roll cages are similar enough to work.

One of these days I'm going to sit down and measure all of this stuff to figure out what's interchangeable, such as rear seats and consoles and speaker bars... I'd love to stick a tuffy drawer back there to hold my soft top when it's nice out. It's just too much $ to leave my badger sitting in the back, if someone actually knew the top they were looking at it would be gone in a heartbeat.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:59 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I have a tuffy drawer in the back of mine, but I dont think it will fit a folded soft top. I guess it might, but you might have to do origami. The tuffy fits great though, I've got it stuffed full of all kinds of crap!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
body, door