Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 14th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Jay Geaney
1994 D-90 ST #282
Originally Posted by 101stAirborne View Post
Join the Air Guard.

12 yrs active duty flying... separating and joining the ANG was the best active duty decision I ever made.

Most states offer 100% tuition assistance for in state schools and then after working on the birds for a couple years you can go fly them!

Old June 14th, 2013, 08:55 PM
CMSgt Bo
1985 One Ten
As an active duty C-130 Crew Chief with 28 years experience, I would be remiss if I didn't suggest you check out Air Force tactical airlift maintenance. With the C-130's airlift, airdrop, and aeromedical evacuation missions (plus another dozen or so specialized missions), it's the closest an aircraft mechanic will come to combat. Plus you can choose between the Air National Guard, AF Reserve and active duty.

Proud member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Old June 14th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Dylan Haas
none for now!
seriously everyone, thank you. Some great info here. i am going to look into just about every branch, to figure out the best options. I have a meeting with the national guard this thursday, and hopefully the coast guard the week after.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat