any hockey fans? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 11th, 2008, 03:02 PM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

any hockey fans?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2008, 03:53 PM
mountainviewrover
MARK LECLAIR
95 Range Rover Classic

Registry
i have been playing for 33+yrs and counting. guys are still dropping gloves even in the gentleman's league. it's the animal inside the player. it's the only place you can throw punches and not get arrested. hockey is the best sport on the planet. thanks for the clip jimmy.
Old January 11th, 2008, 06:56 PM
DaveG
David
97' Disco-I 300TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainviewrover
i have been playing for 33+yrs and counting. guys are still dropping gloves even in the gentleman's league. it's the animal inside the player. it's the only place you can throw punches and not get arrested. hockey is the best sport on the planet. thanks for the clip jimmy.

I would agree! Played Junior in Canada for a couple years and wish I could play more here in the North East, but find it difficult to join the 11pm tuesday night games. Gotta work these days afterall.

Mountainviewrover: slapshot is my favorite movie by far!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2008, 07:03 PM
mountainviewrover
MARK LECLAIR
95 Range Rover Classic

Registry
david, i just watched a documentary on a high school hockey team that won 26 straight state championships. you must know what i am referring to because rhode island is pretty small. amazing. my high school team won 3 title when i played with 2 hall of fame teams i thought that was special until i watched that. being that the i only graduated from a private catholic school with 44 grads in my class. that was 20yrs ago!
Old January 11th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

You've gotta love hockey...its like boxing but they give 'em weapons!
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:54 AM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

I played for a few years. I was spoiled back in high school- had 24 hour access to a private rink/ hockey shooting range. They also had Sam Adams on tap in the locker room, which was always fun before pick up games.

Just about the only thing I love more than LR is a fresh cut rink
Old January 12th, 2008, 01:14 PM
DaveG
David
97' Disco-I 300TDI

Quote:
david, i just watched a documentary on a high school hockey team that won 26 straight state championships. you must know what i am referring to because rhode island is pretty small. amazing. my high school team won 3 title when i played with 2 hall of fame teams i thought that was special until i watched that. being that the i only graduated from a private catholic school with 44 grads in my class. that was 20yrs ago!

I would have to guess this is Mount Saint Charles.... it's a private school in Woonsocket, RI. Brian Berard went there and was drafted right out of High School. However, I went to several training camps there and I know they do a lot of "recruiting". It's no coincedence that kids come from all over the country to go there. It's not THAT great of a school. I've even heard they often hold kids back from graduating (with the kid & parents concent) so that they either have a chance to mature a little more or because they have a shortage of senior players for the next season. Bid time french canadian influence at the school.

Where did you see the docu? I'd like to see it.
Old January 12th, 2008, 01:32 PM
mountainviewrover
MARK LECLAIR
95 Range Rover Classic

Registry
that is the school i was talking about. berard, garth snow...... i can't remember the channel it was on but they did have the dvds for sale of the program. if i remember i will let you know.
Old January 12th, 2008, 09:52 PM
DaveG
David
97' Disco-I 300TDI

Quote:
that is the school i was talking about. berard, garth snow...... i can't remember the channel it was on but they did have the dvds for sale of the program. if i remember i will let you know.
Thanks. If you do remember let me know....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
fan