Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 9th, 2016, 08:52 PM
Yorkie
Mark Whitehouse
1989 D90

Registry
Any body in the Philadelphia area

Want to help me remove the instrument panel on a D90 and track down an electrical short. As a complete newbie I could do with some help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 9th, 2016, 10:17 PM
icnsltmfg
Adam
1988 D90 RHD 19J

Registry
Wish i was a little closer...It's not too hard to remove the top portion and facia of the dash to expose all of the wires coming up from the fuse box...if you do go through the trouble of opening it up to track down the short, replace the glass fuse boxes with the blade type...only an hours worth of work and not too difficult...one of the first things I did when I got my D90 and personally caused a short (by accident of course) that fried one of the main wires from the panel up through the dash...

2017 Range Rover L405 HSE TD6
2008 Range Rover HSE L322/MkIII - Gone but not forgotten
1988 D90 County RHD 2.5TD
2015 Porsche Cayenne TD
Old April 9th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Yorkie
Mark Whitehouse
1989 D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by icnsltmfg View Post
Wish i was a little closer...It's not too hard to remove the top portion and facia of the dash to expose all of the wires coming up from the fuse box...if you do go through the trouble of opening it up to track down the short, replace the glass fuse boxes with the blade type...only an hours worth of work and not too difficult...one of the first things I did when I got my D90 and personally caused a short (by accident of course) that fried one of the main wires from the panel up through the dash...
Thanks! Converting the fuse block is on my list of things to do, in fact I am gathering the needed parts and tools at the moment!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
body