- Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 28th, 2015, 10:15 PM

every one be on the lookout for this guy he is a straight con man selling a fake truck.

The truck is manual

I'm Lt. Anthony Marvin Avery. The car has only 97.437 miles.The vehicle was never abused or raced. I always garaged it and serviced it, kept very good care of it!
I am in Fort Lewis,WA in training getting ready for Alconbury, United Kingdom for the next 3 years.I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing this will not be possible because I will be deployed very soon!
You don't have to worry about the shipping since I will use military transport services which is a free facility for me.
The car is already at our Military Logistic Department from Fort Lewis ready to go.
I'm currently signed up for a protection program offered by Amazon and I would like to close the deal through them. If you are not aware of this program you should know that it will allow you to test drive and inspect the car before paying me. You will have a 7-day inspection period to decide whether you want to keep the car or not before they release the funds to me. No offense, but I need to be sure the person who receives the car is verified by a legitimate party. If the car meets your expectations and you want to keep it you will have to tell them to forward the payment to me so I can get paid.

If you wish to proceed with the purchase, please provide me your full name, address (street,city,zip,state) and phone # so I can initiate the deal through amazon. They will contact you soon with all the details you need about the payment and shipping. PLEASE NOTE! If the car is not how I've described it, you have the unequivocal right to refuse acceptance of the car (return postage on my expense) and you are entitled to a full and complete refund of the vehicle's purchase price. It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered in front of your door. Hope to do business with you soon!

LT. Anthony Marvin Avery

------ Follow up post added March 28th, 2015 08:20 PM ------

anthony marvin mavery
anthony marvin mavery's profile photo

Old March 29th, 2015, 12:46 AM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
Uncool. A bunch of that stuff isn't even realistic. It's just a rewrite of a boilerplate scam message.

Old March 29th, 2015, 01:14 AM
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Shameless. I toyed with someone trying to sell a Range a while back using this same angle. Said it was an E-Bay deal offering the same 7 day trial period. In this case, she said she would ship the car to me on her dime. Ridiculous. At least this guys story was slightly more believable.
Old March 29th, 2015, 08:48 AM
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
Moved to Misc Chit Chat
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat