Another Break In - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 1st, 2006, 05:44 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

Another Break In

Well last night someone decided they wanted to get into my truck so they ripped open the back window of my beautiful Badger I top. All the doors were unlocked and they could've just unzipped the window, but instead they decided they wanted to rip it off.

Luckily they didn't ruin the top at all. They only ripped the zippers off of the window. Hopefully Chris at Badger Coachworks can either repair or replace the window.

They didn't even take anything from my truck (seeing as I keep nothing in there to be taken), but I just think it's incredibly lame that someone would bother to do that. They could've at least had the decency to just unzip the window...

I'll take a photo tomorrow.

Thanks for listening,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2006, 05:56 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Do you have any nutty ex-girlfriends???
Old November 1st, 2006, 05:57 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder

haha. No unfortunately. Then I'd have an idea of who did it! It happened down at school too, and I'm new so I haven't had a chance to make any enemies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2006, 06:32 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

I would never take my D90 to college. Having lived in Boston and attended Northeastern for the past 3 years, and having seen all the shit that drunken meat heads and frat boys do to cars through the neighborhood..... A big shiny D90 is just asking for it
Old November 1st, 2006, 06:35 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscratchggf
I would never take my D90 to college. Having lived in Boston and attended Northeastern for the past 3 years, and having seen all the shit that drunken meat heads and frat boys do to cars through the neighborhood..... A big shiny D90 is just asking for it
Exactly why it's staying at home from now on...
Old November 1st, 2006, 07:11 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellulararrest
Exactly why it's staying at home from now on...
Screw that, throw on an alarm with motion senser!
Old November 1st, 2006, 07:55 PM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

I always made sure to carry my shotgun or rifle in my apartment REAL slow, so all my neighbors knew not to mess with my crap. Always good for your apartment to be known as the "Crazy rednecks with guns" apartment. We never had any trouble...
Mighta been the moonshine we'd pass around during the block parties too though.
Old November 1st, 2006, 08:49 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Jesus -- in Chester??? Isn't the population something like 50?
Old November 1st, 2006, 08:50 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks
Jesus -- in Chester??? Isn't the population something like 50?
haha. no down in Fitchburg, Mass where I go to school. That would never happen in Chester!
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:29 PM
needsaD110
Ben
97 D90 #1345

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
Thats what I did, It's a python 900? I think. It has a 2-way pager remote,motion sensor, and sensors on the doors so if their opened it will tell me. My motion sensor is set to if you get about 4 inches away from the car for a couple of seconds it will beep at you to warn you to stay back. and if you get inside a loud and annoying 6-tone siren goes off. So i can keep the doors unlocked without worrying
Old November 2nd, 2006, 04:01 AM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by needsaD110
Thats what I did, It's a python 900? I think. It has a 2-way pager remote,motion sensor, and sensors on the doors so if their opened it will tell me. My motion sensor is set to if you get about 4 inches away from the car for a couple of seconds it will beep at you to warn you to stay back. and if you get inside a loud and annoying 6-tone siren goes off. So i can keep the doors unlocked without worrying
That wont do shit when some drunk thinks it`ll be funny to key your car, or piss in/on it for that matter (my 90 has been keyed, and I know it has been pissed on more than a time or two, but I`m just thankful that it hasn`t been pissed IN, which i`ve seen happen to a couple of Jeeps in Back Bay)
Old November 2nd, 2006, 07:49 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscratchggf
That wont do shit when some drunk thinks it`ll be funny to key your car, or piss in/on it for that matter (my 90 has been keyed, and I know it has been pissed on more than a time or two, but I`m just thankful that it hasn`t been pissed IN, which i`ve seen happen to a couple of Jeeps in Back Bay)
Yes it's true, if someone wants your car, they will find away, however, an alarm is going to deture the typical deadbeat from screwing with it. Mostly people out to commit crime don't want any sort of attention.

A buddy of mine had an a$$neck piss'n on is BMW, he walked up to the guy, whipped his out and started piss'n all over him.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:28 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx

HA!
I can defeat your alarm in less than 10 seconds in a Defender. What a waste of money and you should see what these "alarm experts" do to your wiring harness when they install these pieces of crap.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:48 AM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
HA!
I can defeat your alarm in less than 10 seconds in a Defender. What a waste of money and you should see what these "alarm experts" do to your wiring harness when they install these pieces of crap.
Mike, after viewing your site hundreds of times, I'd never let one of those guys touch my truck...
Old November 2nd, 2006, 09:35 AM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
What a waste of money and you should see what these "alarm experts" do to your wiring harness when they install these pieces of crap.
I agree with Mike. When I bought my 110 the PO said it has a $2000 alarm in it. The first thing I did was rip that piece o' shite out (funny thing is, I sold the components on Ebay for a few bucks!). You shoulda seen the spaghetti mess of crap. The entire seat box under the driver's seat was full of crap. Took me three evenings to get things sorted back out.

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old November 2nd, 2006, 09:42 AM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
i feel your pain. im still driving around with the hole in my back left window after some bum decided to check the rover for spare change (and he didn't even find the ashtray). The worst part is that the insurance company was all set to pay me for the cost of a new best top and then my local dealership refered them to rover's north. Mike at rover's north told them he would fix it for $140...thanks rover's north.....so that's all i got out of the insurance money....so now here i am saving my pennies for the badger top
Old November 2nd, 2006, 01:03 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurt
I always made sure to carry my shotgun or rifle in my apartment REAL slow, so all my neighbors knew not to mess with my crap. Always good for your apartment to be known as the "Crazy rednecks with guns" apartment. We never had any trouble...
Mighta been the moonshine we'd pass around during the block parties too though.
Have you ever checked your rental agreement about firearm posession? More than likely nothing is mentioned about it but if there is, you could potentialy could get evicted if there is a firearms related incident. I used to have the same state of mind, brandish weapon at thief, shoot if needed etc. The liability (montetary & criminal) for such an act is sobering. Becareful.

Neil
Old November 2nd, 2006, 05:57 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley
Have you ever checked your rental agreement about firearm posession? More than likely nothing is mentioned about it but if there is, you could potentialy could get evicted if there is a firearms related incident. I used to have the same state of mind, brandish weapon at thief, shoot if needed etc. The liability (montetary & criminal) for such an act is sobering. Becareful.

Neil

Yes and you can always dial 911 and ask the state to help you. Ha!
Old November 2nd, 2006, 06:11 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfD90
I agree with Mike. When I bought my 110 the PO said it has a $2000 alarm in it. The first thing I did was rip that piece o' shite out (funny thing is, I sold the components on Ebay for a few bucks!). You shoulda seen the spaghetti mess of crap. The entire seat box under the driver's seat was full of crap. Took me three evenings to get things sorted back out.
Its funny the alarm crap they do. On the other board they are talking about installing fancy alarms and here we are talking about pulling them out! Funny.

I agree 100% with the gun toting idea. Not that I think you should go buy a gun or anything, but he's right, there is something to it. Word does get around.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 07:57 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I have a fuel cut-off valve.

Which after thinking for 5 seconds, does nothing to prevent the truck from being valdalized...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat