Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 11th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Animal Kingdom ride

Hmmm, I wonder what kind of "truck" they might be talking about I think I have seen where they use Defenders on these rides?

Fire Closes Disney's Animal Kingdom Ride
7 hours ago

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) A ride at Disney's Animal Kingdom has closed after a small fire broke out Sunday, sending one woman to the hospital with minor injuries.

Disney spokeswoman Andrea Finger says a truck engine at the Kilimanjaro Safari ride caught on fire when an engine hose failed. The blaze was mostly out by the time fire officials arrived.

The unidentified woman was taken to the hospital after complaining of a knee injury when she jumped from a truck. Finger says three other guests have been treated on the scene for minor injuries.

She says Disney officials are inspecting all of the vehicles in the ride. The ride will likely re-open Monday.
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2008, 09:21 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I've been on that ride and dont recall the ride vehicle itself to have been a Defender, but there are Defenders along the ride. Here is a picture of the truck I seem to remember riding in on the tour.
Attached Images

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old February 11th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
I think it was Busch Gardens I was thinking of.
http://www.sptimes.com/News/062701/photos/tb-rhino.jpg
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2008, 12:42 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

Busch Gardens is full of old series trucks! They're just sitting by the walkways and you can crawl on them. Quite a nice touch!
Old February 11th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Treuwer
Trae Reuwer
94 D90

yeah, the orlando one sucks. Its all concrete, they even went so far as to imprint mud terrain tire tracks at the river crossings, but it's all fake.

Of course I was also angry that the factory tour ride at "Chocolate World" wasn't the real factory, so I may have unrealistic expectations.
Old February 11th, 2008, 05:26 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Look at it from Disney's point of view...
Real mud means a real surface that potentially create a slippery situation for the trucks and possibly get thrown up into someones camera or eye, resulting in an obvious lawsuit because that person just happened to have the only known allergy to that particular mud and it has ruined their entire lives. So because its only a matter of time before someone dreams up a suit, the rest of us have to endure concrete fake mud.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old February 11th, 2008, 11:58 PM
atlawson
Tracy Lawson
94' d90

The trucks at disney were GMC kodiaks, and Chevrolet Topkicks, and if memory serves me correctly they were diesel catapillars exhaust came out the back and smoke like my powerstroke diesel.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat