alone in the universe/ florida panhandle - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Closed Thread

Old March 24th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

Let her go to Dweb or Dweeb & read some of that nonsense!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 24th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

I wonder if her starter problem got solved?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old March 31st, 2005, 11:00 PM
Burns
Trey & Mel Burns

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverChic
Hmmmmmmmmmm Makes you wonder ?? I think it's time for this:
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...achmentid=2808

Oh looke here, I guess that symbol will be the next thing to get copyrighted.
Here's an idea for you, why don't you spend more time on coming up with your own ideas.

Melissa B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 31st, 2005, 11:38 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...achmentid=2808

Oh looke here, I guess that symbol will be the next thing to get copyrighted.
Here's an idea for you, why don't you spend more time on coming up with your own ideas.

Melissa B.

Ouch. What a way to say hello.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Old April 1st, 2005, 01:13 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Pics, Melissa, pics.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old April 1st, 2005, 05:57 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippedrover
Ouch. What a way to say hello.
I agree, keep your pre-exisiting personal beefs with someone else off my forum. There is enough drama in this thread as it is.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old April 1st, 2005, 10:34 AM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

This thread is worthless without drama.
Old April 1st, 2005, 10:47 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Yes but lets keep it "our drama" not someone elses year old crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old April 1st, 2005, 10:49 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

In Rover-Girl's Defense... then D-90's defense.

Well, I can see that this has gotten everyone all riled up and scared away a new female member.

So, in Rover-Girl's defense...
Here's a nice lady, in her 30's mind you, who is an impulse buyer, she's not a true 'off-roader'... she sold her 'vette to buy the D-90, and she came here looking for some information regarding the might D-90. Even if she sells the truck in a year, right now she's got the D-90 in her heart, she loves the truck. In her own words:

"...I just didn't think that I would get bombarded w/ PM about anything OTHER than Defender interests!..."

Well fellas, here's a lady who's married, and all of a sudden after posting on this site with 1300+ members (according to CVC), she got a bunch of emails and MOST weren't about the D-90. So, what you read on this forum, this post in particular was her getting taken aback, scared away, and leave the site. That's when all you 'clans' started to rip into her.

It's funny how when there's a 'girl' who posts something, regardless of the topic, you guys go nuts... I mean really ? Don't any of you get laid at all. (before anyone tries a comeback... Me ?... I get PLENTY of ASS, trust me on that one.) I posted a VERY SIMILAR message about being 'alone' down here in NorthEast Florida, and truly there really isn't anyone. The only other guy in town that has a D-90 doesn't do anything but tell me how nice his soft-top is in the sun because that's all he's really got on me, his D-90 is not maintained and I wouldn't give him Ten Grand for the thing... So, I can see why she posted, and I can also see why she is feeling like she's alone on an island. I didn't get that many replies though, but I understand.
Hard up is, as hard up does. Maybe a woman shouldn't have posted that 'she's alone in the universe'... It could be misconstrued to make her sound desperate. In any case, I can see why she left. And don't get me wrong, a woman who actually OWNS a D-90 and is into it ? Yes, that is quite attractive, but let's have some control and common decency.

I emailed her after the original post before all of the 'bashing' and although I stated that I had a D-90, recommended some vendors, told her about some areas to go 'wheeling' between her location and mine, she didn't reply. It wasn't until AFTER all of the bashing that I understood what was going on...

So, I sent her an email stating that I had a girlfriend and that I had posted a long time ago a similar message, and that she was welcome to come to Tallahassee, bring whomever and hang out with my girl... And whamo'... she replied.

Seems like a very nice person... but remember fella's... she's MARRIED. But she DOES have a Defender so she deserves some respect in my book.

As far as some of you that don't have a Defender... that's a whole other story.

Nicholas Orros

Old April 1st, 2005, 10:59 AM
RoverChic
D-90 Source P.I.
02 D2, 13 E350 AMG, 11 Ford F350

Quote:

As far as some of you that don't have a Defender... that's a whole other story.
Well CvC it's been real. Time to ban my IP Addy, I only have two Disco's as of now. No D-90, guess there will be no Moab as my Disco(s) will not fit in. Does it count that my boyfriend (wuv u Michael V) had a 1997 D-90 before he bought his Disco?? LOL
Old April 1st, 2005, 02:19 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Ok.. lets address this before I shut this thread down and I will try to keep it simple..

Mike and I have been watching this since the beginning and my opinion is that some facts are not being presented quite accurately or timely and some of you are getting sucked into a play from the looks of it. Her original posts telling us she was a petite blond that guys check out at lights or with her closing posts in an "alone in the universe" thread with XOXOXOXOX doesn't strike me as the conservative married type she is now appearing to be remaking herself as in emails to people. Up until the point she posted that she was leaving the for a more mature site, there was not a single posted reply that warranted administrative action. She presented herself in what I read as a playful manor and received nothing but playful replies and appeared that we had gained a new and potentially active member. Again, this is not the love network, its an off-roading forum filled with guys. Moral is don't present yourself as something you are not and then wig out about it. Obviously if she is for real, quite a number of people took this post the wrong way. Fine, you live, you learn, rethink your introduction post on the next forum you hit so you don't repeat it. But as most of us know, doesn't matter if you are male or female, on most forums, if you play the hissy fit, or the regular members smell bullshit, you going to get chewed up and thats exactly what happened, bullshit smell kicked in, and thats when "the clans" started to "rip her up" as you put it, even though I still think she got off light.

However, as I indicated in my previous post, harassment of forum members is taken very seriously. Mike brought some reported issues to my attention and we looked into the matter, reviewing site and account logs very closely. Thats all I will say on that matter other than to restate that if anyone receives any harassing PMs or emails, that you immediately contact Mike or myself as well as forward a copy to us, and it will be looked into right away. The more information you can give us, the better job we can do nailing the issue down.

Honestly, I personally am not convinced things are 100% upfront here, so we will be keeping close watch on certain things.

As for "non-Defender owners", well, the only story there is when it comes to this site goes like this:
"Once upon a time, there was a magical Defender website called The D-90 Source, that welcomed all enthusiasts to participate. The End".
See, no sappy love story there either.

Quote:
[/size]
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat