Alert - Potential Legal Quagmire on sale of D-90 in Virginia - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 11th, 2007, 12:08 AM
schatzman
Gary Schatz
1994/D-90

Alert - Potential Legal Quagmire on sale of D-90 in Virginia

My LR D 90 was sold by a Dealer that may not have had legal title to my truck. If you recently purchased a 1994 D-90 (Arles Blue) from a Maryland dealer or know someone who did purchase the vehicle , please have them contact me at gschatz@aol.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2007, 08:29 AM
schatzman
Gary Schatz
1994/D-90

If you know of someone who just got an Arles Blue 1994 D-90 in northern Virginia please have them call me. I willl work with them to keep them out of the legal mess that is about to happen. I am in contact with the DMV's in MD and VA. and the situation will escalate this week Thanks
Old November 11th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Try username "Jeep Rescue"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2007, 10:59 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
If some 2 post drama queen shows up on the board looking for my trucks, please pm me first instead of giving out my handle.

This guy is vague as hell... If there is "legal" issues, the approatiate people ie DMV will handle it.
Old November 11th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I have already emailed this guy. And themaxx is correct. This is a DMV issue and not for this board.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old November 11th, 2007, 11:28 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Well I hope it sorts out for you.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old November 11th, 2007, 11:34 AM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Nive bus driving,Tony...............................Ditto what Ade said.
Old November 11th, 2007, 12:49 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

"2 post drama queen" LOL,you nailed that one.
Old November 11th, 2007, 01:03 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

I Want My Truck Back

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatzman
If you know of someone who just got an Arles Blue 1994 D-90 in northern Virginia please have them call me. I willl work with them to keep them out of the legal mess that is about to happen. I am in contact with the DMV's in MD and VA. and the situation will escalate this week Thanks

Tell us what happened. Second thoughts. Buyers remorse. Sellers remorse. Trade for another lemon. Ex stole your car. Drama can be fun!

May the schwartz be with you.

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old November 11th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Belive me, I can't wait to hear the sob story! I am not sure how a dealership can sell a vehicle without a title. Plus the D-90 had been sitting at the dealership for almost two months. You figure the guy would have figured this out before then.

Anyway, I have emailed, PM'd, and given the guy my phone number, but it does not seem to be such a pressing issue to actually contact me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old November 11th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Maybe they took out a mechanics lien on the truck...
Old November 11th, 2007, 01:52 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I dont think the second post counts, since it basically restates the first post.

And what are the odds of actually finding someone who bought a truck by posting here? Not really good I imagine - much more d's are bought and sold that we have members. This is some sort of stupid set-up.
Old November 11th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
If some 2 post drama queen shows up on the board looking for my trucks, please pm me first instead of giving out my handle.

This guy is vague as hell... If there is "legal" issues, the approatiate people ie DMV will handle it.

And they're welcome to take the conversation off line, as they should. I hope if there's an issue, it works out. Apologies for trying to help, I won't bother next time.
Old November 11th, 2007, 07:48 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I need to add a popcorn icon.. now i want to hear the whole story.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old November 11th, 2007, 08:01 PM
jaguiler
John A
2006 - LR3

the only problem would be that the VA dealer supposedly sold the truck illegally - big deal.... they sold it to someone in MD who got a good title for it.....in MD.

who is at fault ? the dealer in VA ! - so I guess the dealer gets sued.... nothing to do with Jeep Rescue -

good luck with your fight Schatz -

I'm picking sides - Jeep Rescue has done more mods in a couple weeks than the PO. 1 for Jeep Rescue.
Old November 12th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thanks for your vote! I am holding off telling the story until this is resolved, but it's a tale of sellers remorse and no "fraud" is involved. I bought the vehicle legally in MD and just registered it in VA and I have a good VA title.

Semper Fi!
Old November 12th, 2007, 12:02 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Would be interested in hearing the story when the dust settles.

charles
Old November 12th, 2007, 12:15 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Rescue
Thanks for your vote! I am holding off telling the story until this is resolved, but it's a tale of sellers remorse and no "fraud" is involved. I bought the vehicle legally in MD and just registered it in VA and I have a good VA title.
Lovely! The way your boy Schatz presented it, you'd have thought the Dealer stole it right out of his backyard.

If he wants it back, sell it to him at a premium!
Old November 12th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Coming up next: Another thrilling episode of: "Alert - Potential Legal Quagmire on sale of D-90 in Virginia"!

Long story short, Mr. Schatz had been trying to sell the '94 D-90 since May and gave the vehicle and a signed title to a friend to sell for him. The vehicle ends up at a dealership in MD and along comes me in October. I pay $26k for it, which is more than it's worth, but it was the configuration and color I wanted. At the same time, he decides he does not want to sell it, so he refuses the check the dealership sent him. Meanwhile, I already have the vehicle and register it with the signed title he had given the dealership. After this happens, Mr Schatz goes to the MD DMV and applies for a duplicate title stating he "mis-assigned" it. He has even gone so far as to contact the fruad investigator for the MD DMV. The dealership has also been in contact with the MD DMV and the MD State Police and they are waiting for Mr Schatz's next move. Will he file a fake police report and say it was "stolen"?

I have spoken to both Mr Schatz and the dealership and they both relayed the exact same story. There is no "fraud" involved as originally posted, just a guy who has sellers remorse and wants his D-90 back. I don't blame him, it's a sweet ride. But I bought it legally, and the dealership sold it legally.

The real issue now is that he holds a fraudulently obtained MD title, and I hold a valid VA title. I have the dealership working this issue now.

I'll keep you posted!

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "Alert - Potential Legal Quagmire on sale of D-90 in Virginia"!

Semper Fi!
Old November 12th, 2007, 01:35 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Humm, interesting!!!!

Should forward as a uniform commerical code exam hypo.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d-90, virginia