Alert - Potential Legal Quagmire on sale of D-90 in Virginia - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 14th, 2007, 01:34 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Rescue
I just wish he would show back up on this board and give his point of view, but I think the fact that he posted and ran kinda says a lot. That would just fuel the drama. But like one of you said, with this writers strike going on, this is our only entertainment!!!!
Well, he's been on the site today so he's welcome to post his side of the story anytime if he desires too.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 14th, 2007, 02:19 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

As much as I have enjoyed reading this thread I would like to offer Jeep Rescue some advice. People are weird,flakes,smart,cunning and down right dishonest. If it were me I would stop posting info on what is going on with this guy because you never know what could be used against you. Our legal system is a strange thing and you never know what side it will take. I am on your side and I smell a major scam. Think of yourself as the father in a custody battle with the mother of the child. 9 out of 10 times courts will side with the mother no matter who is the better parent. That could happen to you in this case. Who is right does not always win. Maybe that is not a perfect example but my point is you just never know what people have up their sleeves and you cant trust the legal system to back you when you know you are right. Just my two cents. I would sure like to know why the guy let his truck sit for sale at a dealership if he wanted it. Why not just go take it back.(it would be great if he responded and not you JR) Mike
Old November 14th, 2007, 02:28 PM
jaguiler
John A
2006 - LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsteil
As much as I have enjoyed reading this thread I would like to offer Jeep Rescue some advice. People are weird,flakes,smart,cunning and down right dishonest. If it were me I would stop posting info on what is going on with this guy because you never know what could be used against you. Our legal system is a strange thing and you never know what side it will take. I am on your side and I smell a major scam. Think of yourself as the father in a custody battle with the mother of the child. 9 out of 10 times courts will side with the mother no matter who is the better parent. That could happen to you in this case. Who is right does not always win. Maybe that is not a perfect example but my point is you just never know what people have up their sleeves and you cant trust the legal system to back you when you know you are right. Just my two cents. I would sure like to know why the guy let his truck sit for sale at a dealership if he wanted it. Why not just go take it back.(it would be great if he responded and not you JR) Mike
he is right - good luck with it - although this was entertaining.... if you have the MD MVA Fraud unit on your side - then you should be fine. See if you can get something in writing from them. You really are just an inocent buyer. Someone else screwed up.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 14th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Ultimately, I want this story told because he is trying to do a dishonest thing. I have spoken with both the MD and VA DMVs and confirmed I have legal ownership of the vehicle no matter what version of the MD title he claims he has. If he tries to take my truck, that is theft, and if he reports it stolen, that is fraud.

The only thing he can do is take the dealership - not me - to court. However, I do appreciate your input.

Besides, it's the knuckleheads on the board that keep fueling the fire with all the witty comments!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old November 14th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Ragland
Robert Ragland
1994 Defender 90

I think this guy owes me compensation for the time spent reading 5 pages of a thread.

JR, sorry for the troubles you are facing. It could be worse, though. The exact same thing could have happened when buying a Honda Accord. At least you will have something worthwhile once it all settles out.
Old November 14th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
D-90

Alright, this is the last post and hopefully this issue is now closed. Hopefully none of you clowns will chime in later.

The issue is resolved. Mr Schatz has graciously agreed to accept payment for the vehicle from the dealer and will turn in the duplicate title to the dealership. Once he cashes the check he relieves both the dealership and myself of any further obligation. His real beef is with the original dealership Treasured Motors who is sounds like may have screwed himover. Hopefully Mr Schatz will become a member of this board in the pursuit of another D-90.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old November 14th, 2007, 05:57 PM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

I have enjoyed this thread but can't let it end with a shot at Treasured Motorcars (which is run by Trevor Griffiths' parents) without chiming in. I bought a used Hannibal rack from Trevor and it came with the wrong mounts. He and his parents contacted previous customers of theirs to try and locate the correct mounts. They did and sent them to me at no cost. I found them to be very honorable.
Old November 14th, 2007, 06:04 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Yeah I agree.. Trevor is a member of this forum and I've known him for a number of years, so I'd like to see him have the chance to comment if he wishes.

Thread stays open for a while longer...

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old November 14th, 2007, 06:06 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

I was really hoping for a Hollywood ending to this story... Maybe next time.

Old November 14th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Uh oh, a new can of worms! I know nothing about Treasured Motors or what this guys beef was with them, but he was pissed enough to try and take my truck over it. With that said, I will bow out gracefully....

Semper Fi!
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:00 PM
rvrsrvc
Trevor Griffiths
71 109 double cab

Sorry, JR, not so fast! I'm Trevor Griffiths and for a long time was associated with the family business, Treasured Motorcar Services.
Treasured Motorcar Services is not a dealer.
I am no longer with Treasured, but the TMS speciality is service, maintanence and restoration of British and Italian automobiles, including a major service and repairs to Gary Shatz's Defender approximately 2 years ago.
Congrats JR on your new addition!
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:14 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Great.

Glad its settled. I will be by Friday to pick up the D90 for the photo shoot. Maybe Treasured Motorcar Services would like to be a sponsor?

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Trevor, I'll shoot you an email!

Semper Fi!
Old November 14th, 2007, 11:36 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

AAHHHH!
Michael is correct- stop writting about this until settled - legal system is quirky.
BUT... this is so much more fun than anything on TV. My selfish side says keep going.
So what about general dos and don't for future people.
1. Do not sign a title until the fat lady sings!
2. Get a contract
3. When selling, set a floor and return policy on the vehicle. Get it in writting.

Oh and contrary to the other posts, I do not want money, I will pay for the enjoyment of this 6 page thread. It has put a smile on my face 1st and last thing to the day.
Old November 16th, 2007, 01:17 AM
ttrover
Thomas Taylor
1997/ Defender 90

as the rover turns. Nice entertainment.

Thanks
Old November 16th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Ragland
Robert Ragland
1994 Defender 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrover
as the rover turns. Nice entertainment.

Thanks

"Like oil in a Rover, these are the days of our lives." Cue image of big mess in a driveway.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d-90, virginia