Alert - Potential Legal Quagmire on sale of D-90 in Virginia - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 13th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
D-90

Hey, should I go up to MD and file for a duplicate title too?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 13th, 2007, 07:40 AM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Rescue
Hey, should I go up to MD and file for a duplicate title too?
Sorry man, but I beat you to it... Just filed for it in Georgia... When can you deliver it to me?

Old November 13th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Maybe we can all get together and get duplicate titles for it, then it will be the collective property of this board! It could be like our poster child. We could all sponsor different upgrades and accessories. I will of course keep it at my house, but you guys could come by and visit it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 13th, 2007, 09:13 AM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Can I have every fourth Saturday? I promise to keep it clean, only us biofuels, make it wear protection when playing, and when putting it to bed each night read to it from this site.
... but if it asks "Where am I from?" should I say stolen, adopted, rescued or just say "Ask your other Daddy."

Ok, pretty funny if I do say so, but that last line is going to get me in trouble.
Old November 13th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Frankie Carbone
Heath Hollenbeck
'97 D90 #535, '03 DiscoII

Will you be garnishing wages if we dont pay for a propper amount of accessorizing?
Old November 13th, 2007, 10:57 AM
sflash868
Stephan Laputka
1995 D-90 SW

I have to move to MD. I have 4 jet skis and the insurance, registration, titles, reciepts everything was lost in a fire. The original owner (my dad) passed away. They were in storage for 3 years after the registrations expired. Literally all I have is the fading VIN on the back of the boats. I went into NY DMV trying to replace these documents and they almost arrested me when i said "um, hey I have no title, registration, insurance or proof of purchase but I have these VIN numbers and an ID. how about new papers?"
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson
None

Did the dealer give you the actual title they received which was signed by the owner or did they give you a title issued by the MD DMV reflecting the dealership as the owner? If you got the former then you receicved what is called an open title. Either way, I think you are ok but th MD DMv might have an issue with the dealer if they gave you an open title.
Old November 13th, 2007, 07:23 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb
Can I have every fourth Saturday? I promise to keep it clean, only us biofuels, make it wear protection when playing, and when putting it to bed each night read to it from this site.
... but if it asks "Where am I from?" should I say stolen, adopted, rescued or just say "Ask your other Daddy."

Ok, pretty funny if I do say so, but that last line is going to get me in trouble.

Jus a brotha from a diffrent motha...

That guy's the shatz man. He's gotta be feelin' like he just sh*t and fell back in it.

Pass the popcorn please. I can't believe I passed this thread up the other day.
Old November 13th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Anderson
Did the dealer give you the actual title they received which was signed by the owner or did they give you a title issued by the MD DMV reflecting the dealership as the owner? If you got the former then you receicved what is called an open title. Either way, I think you are ok but th MD DMv might have an issue with the dealer if they gave you an open title.
I'm not sure about other states, but in IL a dealer doesn't have to have a title in their own name. There are reasignment lines that the dealer puts their information into before passing it on to a third party. We do this all the time when we wholesale a car etc. b/c dealers don't want to sit on a car for weeks or months waiting for a title from the state.
Old November 13th, 2007, 07:51 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Quote:
Maybe we can all get together and get duplicate titles for it, then it will be the collective property of this board! It could be like our poster child. We could all sponsor different upgrades and accessories. I will of course keep it at my house, but you guys could come by and visit it!

I'll need it for the ladies of D-90 source bikini calander photo shoot this weekend. Please make sure it is full of fuel and leave the gas card in the cubby box. Maybe a little toll$ too.. Keys under the matt.

It will have a new scent afterwards I'm sure.

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old November 13th, 2007, 08:07 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
I'll need it for the ladies of D-90 source bikini calander photo shoot this weekend. Please make sure it is full of fuel and leave the gas card in the cubby box. Maybe a little toll$ too.. Keys under the matt.

It will have a new scent afterwards I'm sure.

JP
It will need to be hosed down...
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:56 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
I just checked the MD DMV website to see how this guy could have got a duplicate title (see attached pic). He would have to turned in the OLD title if he reported "misassigned, torn, or damaged." The only way they would have given him a new title is if he reported the title Lost or Destroyed. Funny, since I used the orignal title to title it in VA.

He must have check the (OTHER) Box...
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:59 AM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Oh, maybe a second steering wheel, brake and gas pedels can be added, just like in driving school. Then 2 owners can drive it at the same time. Why, with the writers strike on, and TV about to stop this tread could be the start to the newest, greatest reality show on earth. The biggest producer guys, Mark Burnett and Simon Cowl, are Aussie & English. Responsible for American Idol, Survivor, Dancing, etc. They would love to see a D90 on the telly. So I can pitch this idea to them, and just for reference, send the title to me. Sign it so I can have the royalty checks filled out correctly. I'll get back to you.

Ade, that new Avatar would in no way be a reflection of this thread? STOMP!
Old November 14th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Update:
I received an email from Mr Schatz ( the previous owner) saying he was happy that I agreed to give the vehicle back to him, and I would of course be compensated for the work I had done to it. I about !@#$ my pants that this guy thought THAT came out of our telephone conversation.

Anyway, I am waiting on a call back from the MD DMV Fraud office which should hopefully put an end to this. When I spoke with the dealership yesterday, they said they had already been in contact with the MD MDV Fraud Unit and the common consensus is that Mr Schatz doesn't have any legal leg to stand on, and that he has put himself in some legal hotwater by fraudulently applying for a duplicate title. I did confirm that the dealership sent Mr Schatz payment for the vehicle but he refused it.

more to follow.....

Semper Fi!
Old November 14th, 2007, 11:14 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Gotta appreciate the guys approach. D90 stalker.

Maybe I'll let him ride along to the photo shoot. Anybody got any youngish sisters, girlfriends or wives they want to see in the calander. It will be less mutton with real models. Just PM me their phone #'s

Maybe we should find this guy another D if he is feeling the lose so greatly.

I really wnat to hear from him directly here even if he is a two post poster child.

JP

Old November 14th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Oh come on Jeep Rescue...give the poor guy back his truck, he is willing to compensate you!

Say $1,500 for the tire carrier mod, $500 for the oil lines and $8,000 for the pain, suffering & hardship endured plus opportunity cost of the time it will take you to find another Arles Blue ST that is up to snuff.

Seems only fair to me...
Old November 14th, 2007, 11:18 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

I feel like I should be compensated as well. I have become attached to the truck quite a bit now.

Old November 14th, 2007, 11:29 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Update:
I received an email from Mr Schatz ( the previous owner) saying he was happy that I agreed to give the vehicle back to him, and I would of course be compensated for the work I had done to it. I about !@#$ my pants that this guy thought THAT came out of our telephone conversation.

Anyway, I am waiting on a call back from the MD DMV Fraud office which should hopefully put an end to this. When I spoke with the dealership yesterday, they said they had already been in contact with the MD MDV Fraud Unit and the common consensus is that Mr Schatz doesn't have any legal leg to stand on, and that he has put himself in some legal hotwater by fraudulently applying for a duplicate title. I did confirm that the dealership sent Mr Schatz payment for the vehicle but he refused it.

more to follow.....
This keeps getting better and better...
So was the dealership selling it on consignment?

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old November 14th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Yes the vehicle was on consignment. He signed a deal back in May with Treasured Motors and I am told he originally wanted $40k for it!!!! As you know, the $26k I paid for was a little high as well. Anyway, that dealership couldn't sell it, so it went to Elite Motorsports. I am told that this guy did sign some sort of a contract, but I can't confirm that. He did give them a signed title though. I do know that he owes the dealership for some work they did on it, so he may not be getting the full amount that he wanted.

Believe me, I have thought about selling him the truck back. I would not take less than $30k at this point.

I just wish he would show back up on this board and give his point of view, but I think the fact that he posted and ran kinda says a lot. That would just fuel the drama. But like one of you said, with this writers strike going on, this is our only entertainment!!!!

More popcorn anyone?

Semper Fi!
Old November 14th, 2007, 01:09 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb

Ade, that new Avatar would in no way be a reflection of this thread? STOMP!

Quote:
Update:

more to follow.....
Are you really surprised that he thought you were given him the truck and wanted $40k originally for it?

At this point, he owes us an explanation...of course it will be weak, but comical.

I too want some compensation...it wasn't free applying for a duplicate title here Michigan and it was a bitch waiting in line.

If J. George doesn't do the right thing and give the truck back for $10k less, I think Schatz should buy that Arles posted in the For Sale section.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d-90, virginia