Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 13th, 2014, 10:35 AM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Outstanding -- that scenario would be covered by insurance?
Yep. My agent has been right by my side the whole time too, which is a big part of the reason I recommended American Collectors Ins. They are also going to factor in the increased value of my truck in the event I have to make a total loss claim, since it was taken directly after I dumped many thousands worth of parts and labor into it and before I had the chance to adjust my agreed value policy to reflect that. Of course, I would rather not have to make that claim to begin with, but I digress...

Sorry if this took the thread on a bit of a tangent, but I think it's good evidence to support the quality of the insurance company, and aids in OP's decision.

Kent
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2014, 10:55 AM
willhahn24
William
1995 D90 SW #450

I have 3 vehicles with Chubb and an agreed upon value for the Defender. Nothing but a pleasure to work with. Also beyond happy with my broker who is the main interface, if anyone wants their contact info feel free to shoot me a PM.
Old May 13th, 2014, 11:37 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhahn24 View Post
I have 3 vehicles with Chubb and an agreed upon value for the Defender. Nothing but a pleasure to work with. Also beyond happy with my broker who is the main interface, if anyone wants their contact info feel free to shoot me a PM.
Chubb=rich people insurance
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2014, 12:01 PM
61rover
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
They have their own Wildfire fire fighting team that gets sent in when mansions are threatened. They saved most of the homes Chubb insured from the 2010 Fourmile Canyon fire here in Colorado.
Old May 13th, 2014, 05:06 PM
willhahn24
William
1995 D90 SW #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
They were definitely a little more on the daily but the other car isn't driven much and they gave me an extremely affordable rate on less than 2,000 miles per year. Within dollars of everyone else I called.
Old May 14th, 2014, 03:58 PM
ymc226
Lawrence
1995 D90 SW NAS

Quote:
I have CHUBB for my homes and their rates are very competitive.

For my autos, I use Geico.

For agreed value insurance, is it only repair/replacement only and would I still have to go through Geico to get liability?
Old May 14th, 2014, 05:17 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
They were definitely a little more on the daily but the other car isn't driven much and they gave me an extremely affordable rate on less than 2,000 miles per year. Within dollars of everyone else I called.
Not pejorative at all Chubb rocks Rich people can't be wrong!
Old May 16th, 2014, 12:02 PM
willhahn24
William
1995 D90 SW #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymc226 View Post
I have CHUBB for my homes and their rates are very competitive.

For my autos, I use Geico.

For agreed value insurance, is it only repair/replacement only and would I still have to go through Geico to get liability?
I am not sure of the specifics on the repair/replacement but i believe it is on a repair / replacement basis. The agreed upon part is if the truck is totaled, stolen or stuff like that. When I was shopping around for Insurance I wanted to put my daily with Allstate because the rate was a bit better but they said it would be "Stacking." I am not sure what they meant other than it being illegal so your liability would be through Chubb too if I am not mistaken.
Old May 16th, 2014, 12:15 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Carry liability only and have a huge stash of body parts. If a wreck don't kill or incapacitate you, repair it.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old November 20th, 2014, 09:29 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Just to add recent experience here. I'm going through Safety Insurance in MA on an agreed value. Just need to get it appraised.

The nice thing is I can choose my own appraiser. Does anyone in the Northeast know of someone familiar with Rovers/market?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 20th, 2014, 10:48 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarchand View Post
Just to add recent experience here. I'm going through Safety Insurance in MA on an agreed value. Just need to get it appraised.

The nice thing is I can choose my own appraiser. Does anyone in the Northeast know of someone familiar with Rovers/market?
You could probably use ECR, Cityside Garage, Rover Special Vehicles, etc. maybe even RoversNorth?
Old January 30th, 2015, 01:31 PM
roverguy
Robert
1995 RRC

Registry
Need an appraisal on my RRC and Series truck for insurance, I have a nice rust free 95 25th and I don't want him to undervalue it. Any suggestions? Hagerty doesn't have a guide for Land Rovers and KBB says my truck is worth $2500 which is way off. Any help is appreciated.
2000 DII (SOLD)
Old January 30th, 2015, 01:35 PM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
Nada does classic car values. I'm not sure 1995 is old enough yet, but they show $7500

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Ca...ity-4WD/Values
Old January 30th, 2015, 05:23 PM
roverguy
Robert
1995 RRC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafir View Post
Nada does classic car values. I'm not sure 1995 is old enough yet, but they show $7500 http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Ca...ity-4WD/Values
That's better than $2500, I already have an agreed upon value with my current company, but the last appraisal was a few years ago. I figure with the upswing in classic and series truck values now is the time to have them reappraised.
2000 DII (SOLD)
Old January 30th, 2015, 08:31 PM
wmatos1001
William
1994 NAS Defender 90

Registry
Interestingly I just got a quote for an agreed value policy for an accurate value from American Collectors with a reasonable premium (under $2k) annually. The quote asked me a series of questions about its use, which included "off road". I selected use of 1 day a week and clicked vacation/beach and off-road and it still gave me the quote. I though reading this thread there were restrictions around that or does that come in the final policy language "gotch ya's" (not the online quote)?
Old January 31st, 2015, 05:32 PM
drdread
AL
'94 NAS 90 SW

Registry
I got an online quote from Leland West for AVI (ironically through my Porsche Club of America membership although I put in my D90) for ~$1k, w/low deductibles, and options for 3k, 6k or unlimited yearly mileage. American Collector was more than double the price for less. Just another option
Hagerty said no based on some bs reason.
Old February 1st, 2015, 07:03 PM
drdread
AL
'94 NAS 90 SW

Registry
FYI, just received this:

"Thank you for taking the time to fill out an application for insurance on your 1994 Landrover Defender. We are not able to consider coverage on this vehicle at this time.

Per the notice on the quote screen of our web site: Autos and trucks must be collectible or exotic in nature and subject to limited, pleasure-only use consistent with the collectible nature of the vehicle. Unfortunately your vehicle does not meet with at least one of these criteria at this time. This limitation is noted elsewhere on our site, including the home page.

We are sorry we are not able to insure your vehicle, and we thank you very much for your interest in our program.
--
lelandwest.com"
Old February 1st, 2015, 08:24 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
Does anyone know of a company that will do agreed value on an ungaraged vehicle?

Balboa
Atlantic Mutual

If you are willing to give them all your insurance needs , you can have anything you want on agreed value, portfolio coverage or whatever other like you have

You select the value and your premium will be reflected on your choice.

Deductibles are reasonable 1000 collision 500 comprehensive

No question asked to pay in the event of a claim, check on hand in a NY minute
Old February 1st, 2015, 08:33 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarchand View Post

Dave: Mass auto is very different to every other state in the Union.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old January 2nd, 2016, 02:26 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Seeing that other thread on the accident reminded me I need to commit to a "agreed" policy for my D90. Seems the opinion is to go with American Collectors Insurance. I did a quote online and got around $650 annually for $40,000 agreed policy. That seem fair?
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
insurance