97 tip over - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 12th, 2012, 08:18 PM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

97 tip over

I love it. This guy got payed out, bought it back for a couple grand and is now trying to make another pile of cash. The greed some people exhibit blows me away sometimes. The thing that bugs me is some poor dummy is going to think he is getting a good deal on this thing

http://www.landroverexchange.com/listings/photo/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
First you are linking to every LRX listing....

Second, the ad seems to be pretty forthright in what is being sold. If he makes money, good for him. If not, oh well.
Old January 12th, 2012, 08:43 PM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

Whops, fixed the link to just show the picture. I guess it just doesn't seem right to wreck a car, get payed for it then list it for sale making it sound like its just cosmetic damage. There could be some serious problems caused buy putting a truck on its side. Just my opinion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2012, 08:48 PM
bossman429
Adrian
1988 90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayz View Post
Whops. I guess it just doesn't seem right to wreck a car, get payed for it then list it for sale making it sound like its just cosmetic damage. There could be some serious problems caused buy putting a truck on its side. Just my opinion

And thats the buyers job to figure it out.

I think hes on the up and up, and if he can make a buck without doing anything illegal good for him.

Assuming he bought it back from the insurance company, then it's their loss for not realizing the worth of the truck.

That being said it will probably have a salvage title and he may have trouble selling, but maybe not
Old January 12th, 2012, 09:04 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
The funnier one was when Josh - silyb - listed his newly salvaged truck on CL instead of here, and the buyer turned around trying to sell it for $15k more the next day using Josh's photos and exact listing words without changing a thing. Haha.
Old January 13th, 2012, 09:19 AM
bossman429
Adrian
1988 90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
The funnier one was when Josh - silyb - listed his newly salvaged truck on CL instead of here, and the buyer turned around trying to sell it for $15k more the next day using Josh's photos and exact listing words without changing a thing. Haha.

But did he?
Old January 15th, 2012, 01:06 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Not nearly as valuable as one with a proper white roof .
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old January 15th, 2012, 01:34 AM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90

Registry
Im not seeing the problem here ? Its clearly rolled on to its side no hideing that. What will an insurance company pay out for one of these rigs ? Maybe he was upside down in it and is just trying to break even on it.

As far as being on its side and there being more problems, Maybe if it ran out of oil running on its side but other than that if it starts and runs good, Its simply a Defender with a messed up side that can be replaced.

I see it as an intry level defender for someone with more time than money to patch up and enjoy it for what it is. or maybe build a trail rig out of it.

Heck Im guilty of buying back one of my wreaked rigs taking all the offroad junk off it and sending to auction and making double what I bought it back for, seemed someone wanted it way more than I did.

Anyways I dont think calling this guy greedy is fair, What do you guys think it would have bid up to at an auction as is? I for one would have went up to the 10k plus range, it is my favorite color.
67 NADA diesel tremec 4spd salisbury rear springs on front and a LOT MORE TO GO.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags