'94 RR Classic on CL Dallas 59k miles for $5400 - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 1st, 2012, 03:36 PM
JJB622
Jimmy Baker
1997 BRG D90

I searched for that website on the internet and there are literally no results. You would think one of their customers might write a review or mention it in passing. Further, one of the value-add's for the "sell your stuff on ebay type stores" is they write the description, take photos, and answer questions. Why would they have the original owner doing all the work?

At best, the site looks like a lead generation mechanism.. you register with sensitive personal information. They sell your personal information and you are told the truck is sold. At worst, they could be taking your money too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2012, 03:43 PM
Akitatw4
Tom
1995/D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Ask for a picture of the head trauma.
Nice!!
Old November 1st, 2012, 03:58 PM
Akitatw4
Tom
1995/D90

Registry
Here is their blog website. It is very interesting that there is little to no chatter about this group online.

http://bestsellingsolutions.wordpress.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2012, 04:46 PM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
So Best Selling Solutions is based in CA, the vehicle is listed in TX and the tags on the back of the vehicle are from TN?
Old November 1st, 2012, 05:03 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

check this out http://www.globalgaragesale.net/aboutus.html then read the about us on the bestsellingsolutions.com going with scam! offer him $10k to get his car back and meet up in person- im sure he wont go for it
Old November 1st, 2012, 05:47 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdh View Post
check this out http://www.globalgaragesale.net/aboutus.html then read the about us on the bestsellingsolutions.com going with scam! offer him $10k to get his car back and meet up in person- im sure he wont go for it
Kind of funny - all of their supposed "locations" where you can go meet the company in person if you're selling a car and would like to use their services, are at Self Storage locations. hahaha. So it looks like they just picked a bunch of different storage company locations and say that they operate out of them - um, right.

Also funny what shows up when you try to track down a number to call any of them at.

WE DO NOT OFFER TELEPHONE SUPPORT AT THIS TIME: Due to our large number of transactions and customers using our service we can not offer telephone support at this time, we will do our best to improve our contact options in the near future. We just don't have the right number of operators to handle inquiries from eBay and Craigslist buyers.
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:16 PM
ottodog
chris
None

Scam

I got this response on a CJ-7 in Denver Craigslist:

Still available but unfortunately due to the nature of my work ( US Airways pilot ) I am selling this through Best Selling Solutions Company, anyway so the sale does not interfere with my situation. I believe you know what Best Selling Solutions Company is if you are selling or buying often online but if you don't no problem I'll be happy to walk you through the process.
They have a 10 day inspection period for you to decide if you want to keep the jeep .

The payment will be made after you will test and inspect the jeep .

The jeep has been looked after very well.The bodywork is regularly waxed and polished. The interior is in virtually spotless condition. The seats are clean and not torn. The exterior is in excellent condition,tires are in good shape, brakes work well and the jeep provides very good fuel economy.It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be registered into your name at any time.I`m non smoker and the jeep looks like a new one.. There are no known problems with the jeep as far as I know.

Drop me an email if you are still interested and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
I`m waiting for your reply as soon as possible.

Thank you!
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Holiday
Ross Simpson
1995 D90 ST/2006 D3 HSE7

Registry
That's a Nashville truck that was sold for ~$9k about 8 months ago on Craigslist. As others have said- scam.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
classic