Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 17th, 2006, 09:32 PM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
$9 inspection!!!

Just had the rover inspected (in NC) and was quite pleasantly suprised to find out that it (a '95) no longer needs an emissions test. The whole trip to the inspections station only costed me nine bucks. I seriously think this is the cheapest thing to happen to my rover since the last time i was driving on campus and i got all kinds of *free* panties thrown at windshield

anyways, just thought i would brag a little .....(now the rover gods are sure to punish me). What are the inspection standards elsewhere?? Is the whole cheap inspection thing a norm around the country?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2006, 09:51 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpamike
Just had the rover inspected (in NC) and was quite pleasantly suprised to find out that it (a '95) no longer needs an emissions test. The whole trip to the inspections station only costed me nine bucks. I seriously think this is the cheapest thing to happen to my rover since the last time i was driving on campus and i got all kinds of *free* panties thrown at windshield

anyways, just thought i would brag a little .....(now the rover gods are sure to punish me). What are the inspection standards elsewhere?? Is the whole cheap inspection thing a norm around the country?
I paid 10 bucks this morning to get my front brakes reinspected bc they failed the first time around... I can't wait till i have to go get the emissions done... the original inspection was 65 btw
Old April 17th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Bah, you lucky bastard!

Though I did hear that NY State is also considering dumping inspection of pre-OBDII systems due to the cost of maintaining the dyno testing stations and declining numbers of vehicles requiring the test.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2006, 01:07 PM
BeachBum
Paul Schuetz
1991 Range Rover

Try having your Rover registered in a high attainment level area in California. Every year I have to take them both to the smog refferee since there are no private places that perform exactly what the state wants. Reminds me, the RRC expires this month, better get it taken care of.

Paul
Shell Beach, Ca
Madrid, Spain
91 RRC
97 D90 ST

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
inspection