Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 17th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
4x4 connection ( IPOR )

Any of you know these guys personally? or know their company structure?

Thanks

I think they should change their name for " The rudest company " we are a group of Prejudice Sanctimonious Pricks

The motto should be

" We insult you on the phone, because we know you are far away and we are Phone / Internet Cowboys "
Advertisement

Old September 17th, 2011, 03:06 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

I buy from them pretty regular. Never once have they been rude to me. In fact, quite the opposite. They even sponsored my buddy the last 3 years in the f-toy competitions. They've shelled out quite a chunk of change to him.
Old September 17th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Dan,

maybe you find out who the person was, I would enjoy very much returning their items in person ( even if that requires to drive 300 miles )

this is how it went down

Here is what happened, I've ordered 2 Rocker Switches ( Carling ) for my lockers, they sent one, so I've called and spoke with a Lady, after few times on hold, she said she will send the second one, I asked her if she could expedite it, and she said " I will USPS Priority mail today " this happened around 4:30ish ( mind you when I placed the original order I was told they only use UPS and charged me $ 12.00 for shipping , first lie ).

5 minutes later while inspecting the switch I noticed it is the wrong one, so I call again

Here is wen this guy answered the phone

me : hi, I just spoke with a Lady about an issue regarding an ARB swith ( interrupted by the guy )
him : it is on its way to you , she just left for the post office
me: Well, we have a problem it is the wrong item
him: no it is not you order that on the web
me: Actually I ordered it via telephone and I ( interrupt )
him: I sent you part number xxxxxxx , so it is the right one
me: Sir, I would appreciate if you allow me to finish my presentation so we could both understand each other
him: you are not listening, and you interrupted me
me: go ahead
him: We are the largest ARB dealer in the world, I know my parts and we never make a mistake, send me a picture of your switch, I am sure you do not have a rocker switch but instead a pressure switch
me: have you finished Sir?
him: yeah
me: Look , I know the difference between a pressure and a rocker switch, this is not my first one, and in regards to your statement of " Not making mistakes " it appears not to be the case as you shipped one instead of 2, however you did invoice me for 2.
him: look send me a picture of the one you have, and I will compare it to the one I sent you, but I tell you you are wrong and you trying to make me feel bad for the mistake it is not gonna happen, I am not going to listen to that
me: again you keep interrupting me and appears it is about your feelings and not fulfilling your obligation as a vendor
him: when you get the other other one or not send me the pictures and we'll see from there
me: Sir, at this point I have no intentions to go in a wild goose chase, I would like you to take back your items as they are wrong.
him: I will not take them back, you ordered the wrong ones, and if you ship them back I will charge you a re-stocking fee and shipping back is on you.
me: How it's that fair, you send the wrong item, I need to pay to send it back to you and re-stocking, I am sorry Sir , but that is unacceptable
him: to bad for you
me: actually to bad for you as I will dispute the charge with my credit card , so send a call tag
him: I see you have trouble with English ( remember my accent ) do you want me to spell it out for you and hang up
me: call again , he answered ..." I see you are a very well educated and professional, tell me your name so I can return this in person
him: fuck you *click*
me: called back but store closed or ignored my calls

So Far,

I have called my CC, disputed the charge, sent an email to their info email ( I am sure the same person might get it so will end up in the trash ).

Now it is all about the principle and not the $ 32.00, I will make my quest to file complaints with the BBB, VA Chamber of Commerce and maybe one day I get the gift to meet this person so we can discuss in person how to treat a person and more importantly how to address them
Advertisement

Old September 17th, 2011, 03:22 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I have ordered from them in the past, they were pretty crummy to deal with.

A friend had them install a 5speed in his 62 series TLC, they seemed to do a pretty good job.
Old September 17th, 2011, 10:02 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Goose, I can hardly believe this shit - nothing makes me more furious than a-holes like this. I have a pretty long fuse, except when somone decides to screw with me (or family members) directly...I suspect you are the same (or actually, you seem to keep your cool a little better as I've witnessed in the past - and you probably were a thousand times more civil with 4x4 Connection than I would have been). I see they are located at 7 Rodney Lane, Fredericksburg VA 22405. As luck would have it I am down in Fredericksburg from time-to-time for work, I may have to swing in and just give them a hard time for the hell of it.

OR, we can pay them a visit after-hours .

OR, if you want to go the high road...submit a feedback review on BBB.org. If you ask me you've got a legitimate gripe.

OR, we can just start telling everyone that the owner of 4x4 Connection is a pederast.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old September 18th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Actually

Robbie on Discoweb, gave me the name and email address of Lance Williams the owner, whom it is not the idiot I had the issue with, so I sent an email last night.

This morning I've got a response from him

" I am sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience. Your card has been refunded in full for your order, it should post to your account on Monday. You may keep the parts as a token of my gratitude for your bringing this event to my attention "

While I am glad my funds are returned this was never about the money, we drink more than that at our HH, it is the principle behind the actions.
I was looking more towards what action steps the owner will take to Train the Lad than immediately issue a refund ( which my Bank was taking care of already ), this appears to come across as a Band Aid and not Complete Examination, perhaps one day I am proven wrong by actions

Throughout my Career I have been certified on the 7 Habits, Principles of Centered Leadership, Train the Trainer and Six Sigma, and I can tell you, this company would greatly benefit by reading some of those books or the ultimate, attend the seminars and certify themselves
Old September 18th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

IPOR are a great bunch of guys actually. They built the sliders on my BJ60 and I have gotten a few things from them. Not to mention once a month they give up their shop to the local club for a tech day venue (not to mention they hang out to help work on the trucks and give advice for pizza and beer). One thing to mention, they are swamped ALL the time. Their shop always has a huge line of work waiting to get in and there are only two people, well, one and a half, running the phones, walk ins, and arranging shop work schedules. I have caught them on off days where things didnt seem to go right but its hard to expect perfection 100% of the time. Give them another shot. Theyre located about 5 minutes from that Ford (?) dealer on the corner when you first drive into F'burg. Their rock garden is a lot of fun to drive through too, if youre so inclined.
Old September 18th, 2011, 11:12 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
This is nothing... The Sambumba Incident still #1.

Old September 18th, 2011, 11:17 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Oh shit Samumba! Goose, watch out!!
Old September 18th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry