2014???? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 23rd, 2010, 07:07 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Here is the example I was talking about with Mercedes http://www.mechatronik.de/en/engineering/the-m-sl.html
Theses cars are beyond over restored and have a specific clientele. The prices are much more than original examples and probably always will be but it is a different type of buyer. Either way they are cool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:08 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Seems a NADA series truck always brings the most money.....
Old December 23rd, 2010, 10:40 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
I don't know what ever happened to this one, but it appears auction announced it as junk, and title was unrepairable. Don't know if it ever sold, but it probably did.

http://www.auctiondirectusa.com/rale...DH1284PA920892

http://www.yakez.com/for-sale-detail...143031554.html

SALDH1284PA920892

But you can see that even in this case the rear ladder and cage appear to be in OK shape in some places, maybe the the cage and rack are salvageable, and that rear bumper, steelies, etc.
I'd restore this by exporting it and then importing as a 2010 puma ... Would take about 20mins to weld up and stamp the VIN number into the chassis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 24th, 2010, 11:55 AM
IPSC_GUY
Peter/Lesbo
1983 110, 1985 110, 1993 110...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
I don't know what ever happened to this one, but it appears auction announced it as junk, and title was unrepairable. Don't know if it ever sold, but it probably did.

http://www.auctiondirectusa.com/rale...DH1284PA920892

http://www.yakez.com/for-sale-detail...143031554.html

SALDH1284PA920892

But you can see that even in this case the rear ladder and cage appear to be in OK shape in some places, maybe the the cage and rack are salvageable, and that rear bumper, steelies, etc.

OK EVERYBODY STOP ! ! !

---We need a moment of silence here---

An NAS 110 burned to the ground (or pretty damn near) "honestly doctor, there could be tears..."

I would rebuild that sucker in a heartbeat if I could. The listing said not repairable no vin plate? it's in the frame is that not good enough? I would be curious to know if the heat damaged the cage though. My gut feeling is that the cage strength is now compromised.

What did happen to this thing?

IPSC_GUY
sniffle
SIERRA II ALPHA
Old December 26th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
I'm sure the cage is fine. I don't think they are using heat treated steel in those. Its just mild steel tubing AFAIK.

Mike I was referring to the two that you sold on this board. Ok they were missing little details like cages and identities, but that does give some idea of where the value in them really resides.

And clients who are willing to pay $100k+ for built up ECR rigs aren't really what define the true value of a Defender in the US. Those are special vehicles being sold to a small (in the grand scheme of things) niche of customers. The guy with the original truck that no one wants to pay the asking price for is a perfect example of where the real value is going. You can sell almost anything for top dollar if you are patient. Or immediately if your price is low enough. Somewhere in between there is what it is actually worth.

Since the holy grail NAS trucks keep going up in flames I hope the insurance companies agree with your valuations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSC_GUY View Post
My gut feeling is that the cage strength is now compromised.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat