2010 LR model openhouse in Des Moines - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 20th, 2009, 11:46 AM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

"for now I'm sticking with my "JK"..." I am sure that will be much better than a Land Rover that is still made in the same factory in England as the last 61 years no matter who the parent company is. don't understand how Tata manufacturing the Nano for the Indian market effects the manufacture of Land Rovers for the world market?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 20th, 2009, 12:28 PM
rover26c
Lee
1994 D90 ST

What happened to the brand loyalty? You have to be there through thick and thin.
Old August 20th, 2009, 01:05 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
he is being loyal by owning the defender or JK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 20th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Monkeyboy

Pretty sure the "JK" reference is only following along with the sales guy's mis-identification of the D90 as a "JK"??????

Dave, fix your e-mail!

It says the mailbox is full!
Old August 20th, 2009, 02:26 PM
D-Dave
David Jensen
'97 D-90 ST

Yeah, sorry-the "JK" reference was referring my tried and true '97 Defender 90. I have had at least one Rover product in the garage since '99, and plan on keeping Rovers in the garage for a long time to come.

My bailing out on my new RR FF last spring was due to a number of repairs of little things that couldn't be taken care of because "The new owners (Tata) are still trying to figure out what they are going to do about a parts distribution network". Truth or not, it put me on edge having to drive around a new $80K truck that I couldn't roll the windows back up on, or had a four week wait on a faulty headlight. This was also during the period when I believe Rover's North's little magazine and parts catalogue came out (which I love getting in the mail by the way-if Rover's North is lurking out there keep 'em coming!) with a few scenarios of what might happen to the manufacturing, etc. I know it was all speculation, but I made the decision at that point to go parse down the herd to the one Rover I knew I could get parts for and worked on with just a phone call or two.

Now, if I can just find a nice 110 to park in the garage next to it...
Old August 20th, 2009, 05:05 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

"JK" reference retracted. my mistake, did not catch on to that
Old August 20th, 2009, 05:47 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dave
Yeah, sorry-the "JK" reference was referring my tried and true '97 Defender 90. I have had at least one Rover product in the garage since '99, and plan on keeping Rovers in the garage for a long time to come.

My bailing out on my new RR FF last spring was due to a number of repairs of little things that couldn't be taken care of because "The new owners (Tata) are still trying to figure out what they are going to do about a parts distribution network". Truth or not, it put me on edge having to drive around a new $80K truck that I couldn't roll the windows back up on, or had a four week wait on a faulty headlight. This was also during the period when I believe Rover's North's little magazine and parts catalogue came out (which I love getting in the mail by the way-if Rover's North is lurking out there keep 'em coming!) with a few scenarios of what might happen to the manufacturing, etc. I know it was all speculation, but I made the decision at that point to go parse down the herd to the one Rover I knew I could get parts for and worked on with just a phone call or two.

Now, if I can just find a nice 110 to park in the garage next to it...
i was continuing the joke i knew what it was

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
mod