Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 4th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin
Oops. I assumed Chris knew it was a dog and was making fun of it. I sometimes think if you are going to get a dog that small and fluffy, just get a cat. :D

No offense intended.

None taken. The ways he jumps on couch and sleeps on the cushions, you'd think he was a cat.

Will H.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
sell out
I still believe in the ideals, just not necessarily the new products.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

Will H,
Did you buy or lease.

I usually lease my business cars, but thought it might work out better to buy this one. The lease rates are terrible. The incentives on the diesels this month are not very good. I was thinking of ordering the Laredo w/diesel. After the discount and the 1500 cash allowance the updated price is just under 35k. Is it worth it? That is what I am trying to figure out. I could drive it for a couple years and then turn it into a weekend/camping rig towing my D90. American Expedition Vehicles has a shop down the street from me...just a thought. Does anyone have any insight or knowledge of what incentives/promotions will be offered in March?

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old February 8th, 2008, 11:00 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

I would want to see the residuals for both the diesel and the 5.7L gas model. Usually (at least with M-B as well as full size pickups) the diesels have a lot higher resale value.

I'd choose the Overland trim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2008, 11:50 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender13
Will H,
Did you buy or lease.

I usually lease my business cars, but thought it might work out better to buy this one. The lease rates are terrible. The incentives on the diesels this month are not very good. I was thinking of ordering the Laredo w/diesel. After the discount and the 1500 cash allowance the updated price is just under 35k. Is it worth it? That is what I am trying to figure out. I could drive it for a couple years and then turn it into a weekend/camping rig towing my D90. American Expedition Vehicles has a shop down the street from me...just a thought. Does anyone have any insight or knowledge of what incentives/promotions will be offered in March?

Thanks
I love AEV, i've always thought jeep should buy them out and start selling the brute!

Aggie, i'm willing to bet the residual for leases on those diesel cherokees work out like the residuals for bmw m3 leases... I've seen them listed as having a residual of only 25k at the end of a two year lease, when the dealer gets the car back they throw it on the lot for 40k! who got the short end of the stick there!
Old February 9th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:
Will H,
Did you buy or lease.

Thanks
We bought it. My brother gave me his Chrysler EC PIN #. When all was said and done, we paid about $10K under sticker. That was for an '07 Limited Model. The PIN itself really only gave us an extra $1800 off past current incentives. We bought it in December with the intentions of writing it off as my wife's business vehicle as well. There are some '07's still out there. My dealer had to chase the one we wanted down, about 5 hours away.

Will H.
Old February 12th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

Thanks Will and everyone else for all of your information. It was helpful. I bought it today and really like it so far. I just wish I had this engine in my rover as well. I was able to get 12K off the MSRP. I also purchased the extended service plan for 7 years/100,000 miles for 22 dollars extra a month. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase.

Thanks again,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old February 12th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Cirbo
Jim C.
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
sell out
LOL Looks more like "sold out"...
Old February 12th, 2008, 06:05 PM
BCR
Brian Richardson
Need a D90 Tdi

Think your new CRD Grand Cherokee would look better after a trip to AEV

http://www.aev-conversions.com/vehic..._wk_mojave.php
Graduate of Del Albright's RLTC course
Just Good Trails - Trail Boss
Tread Lightly - Tread Trainer
Old February 12th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:
Thanks Will and everyone else for all of your information. It was helpful. I bought it today and really like it so far. I just wish I had this engine in my rover as well. I was able to get 12K off the MSRP. I also purchased the extended service plan for 7 years/100,000 miles for 22 dollars extra a month. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase.

Thanks again,

Congrats!,

Did you go with the '07 or the '08? My only regret is not getting the MYGIG, but we didn't want to wait for an '08. The '07 NAV gets it done, just not as tech and user friendly as the MYGIG. The diesel really is great, everything I expected from a Mercedes engine. I wish I had it in my Rubi as well. AEV makes a 17" Pintler wheel for the GC. I also think they use a "tuned" Superlift suspension. At any rate, I know you'll enjoy it.

Will H.
Old February 12th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

I got the 07. With all of the dealer cash and rebates, it sold itself. One question, how important is it to use the ultra low sulfur diesel. Now all gas stations have the ULTRA LOW just the LOW SULFUR.

Thanks

Old February 12th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:
One question, how important is it to use the ultra low sulfur diesel. Now all gas stations have the ULTRA LOW just the LOW SULFUR.
Diesel currently in circulation is fine to you use.

Will H.
Old February 12th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

Thanks,

Would a K & N air filter be of any help or advantage? I have one in my Defender, but didn't know how well they work in diesels.

Old February 13th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:
Thanks,

Would a K & N air filter be of any help or advantage? I have one in my Defender, but didn't know how well they work in diesels.
Dunno? Not sure if it would make a difference. As long as it is under warranty, I'm planning on leaving ours alone.

Will H.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
diesel