Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 4th, 2007, 06:33 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
2008 Bmw X6

I'm digging on the new BMW's Crossover, looks like it's going to have a hefty price tag though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 4th, 2007, 06:35 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

U-G-L-Y and you ain't got no alibi
Old December 4th, 2007, 06:48 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Hehe, I think it's pretty sweet. Haven't really been impressed with any of their other new body styles, except the M3, but this is nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 4th, 2007, 06:52 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

am i the only one on here that isn`t impressed with BMW in general (at least, lately)? The only BMW i`m into is the newer 7 series
Old December 4th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscratchggf
am i the only one on here that isn`t impressed with BMW in general (at least, lately)? The only BMW i`m into is the newer 7 series
Its all about the drive. I was not that crazy about some of the new styles but once I gave em a chance and drove them I was really impressed! It used to be that the american cars had all the muscle and the german cars had all the handling but the new BMWs are just as much muscle as suspension (maybe more). My 545i has no trouble ripping the tires loose from a standing start, handles great and comfortably takes 4 people to dinner in style...its tough to complain.

The 7 is really nice, but doesn't quite have the throwability of the 5 and is a little big to park downtown in Chicago.

That new 335i is a really fun little car if you just want something to throw around too. Plus, you've gotta love the full maintenance program that even covers brakes!

The X6 should be good competition for the Infiniti FX and looks less like a shoe!
Old December 4th, 2007, 07:26 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
No love for the 3 series coup and the 6 series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscratchggf
Old December 4th, 2007, 07:32 PM
DaineseUSA
Michael Pham
97 d90 SW #0273

That x6 looks cool, at least to me.

I was really diggin' the new 1 series at the L.A. Auto show, good performance too.

M>
Old December 4th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

I like the 3 & 6 but the 3 is a little small. The 6 is great, but it only seats 2. I just think for the money there are other 2 seaters I'd probably be more likely to spend the $$ on.
Old December 4th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Overland90
Chris
95/D90 #169; Aston Martin

Registry
As an owner of 4 Bimmers, the D90 and a 1962 Vespa 150...the D90 always wins out. However...the BMW is the finest mass production vehicle on the road hands down. Funny...the 7 had shakey reviews upon its release(U.G.L.Y.)...3-4 years later its raves are highlighted in all the top auto mags. It's "itchenbay" is the feeling woirld-wide! The new 3 conv is supreme to any other in it's class and price point. The 5 holds it's value almost as well as my D90...well...that's a bit of a boast.

I have an 84 euro 745(das Munchen bling), an 02 330ci conv, a 91 525i and a 71 2002tii.

Im a believer in all that bears the emblem. No Fords/Jag or Chrysler/MBZ's sold here.

Porsche is in tune with the Cayanne...Audi's new X is hot...My son has the Vulva X and it's got great HP and off-road ability. The higher achtungs at Bimmer aren't goint to release CRAP without it running the gauntlet of the media. Das es vun smart groupenzie!

Sorry for the soapbox...just struck a nerve...a pleasent nerve all be it!

Best and God Bless!
Old December 4th, 2007, 09:37 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Is the Vespa mint? What color?

The new Audi A5...sweet!

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
I like the 3 & 6 but the 3 is a little small. The 6 is great, but it only seats 2. I just think for the money there are other 2 seaters I'd probably be more likely to spend the $$ on.
There are far more expensive 2 seaters out there...
Old December 4th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Overland90
Chris
95/D90 #169; Aston Martin

Registry
The Vespa is absolutley MINT...bright red...tons of chrome...I'll try and dig up some photos from post.
Old December 4th, 2007, 09:58 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
Its all about the drive. I was not that crazy about some of the new styles but once I gave em a chance and drove them I was really impressed! It used to be that the american cars had all the muscle and the german cars had all the handling but the new BMWs are just as much muscle as suspension (maybe more). My 545i has no trouble ripping the tires loose from a standing start, handles great and comfortably takes 4 people to dinner in style...its tough to complain.

The 7 is really nice, but doesn't quite have the throwability of the 5 and is a little big to park downtown in Chicago.

That new 335i is a really fun little car if you just want something to throw around too. Plus, you've gotta love the full maintenance program that even covers brakes!

The X6 should be good competition for the Infiniti FX and looks less like a shoe!
I understand that- and I`ve driven a 335i (i think that`s the model?), M6, and a Z4. Havn`t been THAT impressed with any of them. Albeit i`m driving a Porsche right now so i`m a little spoiled when it comes to drivability/ throwability, but personally, I favor Mercedes or Audi as far as a whole package goes (between driving, luxury and styling).

The 7 is a boat, but also all class- they obviously arn`t going for the "throwability" of the 5. As far as being a luxury car, I like it. It`s comfortable and i like the styling. Still favor a Mercedes S though.

That, and every time I`ve been through a BMW dealership it`s nothing but serious holier than thou attitude (Mountain View and Stevens Creek). I recognize that I am 22, but come on. Porsche, Land Rover and Mercedes have never given me any attitude what so ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
No love for the 3 series coup and the 6 series?
no love at all. I`ll take a CLK, CL or SL though.

Follow-up Post:

OK- that last post was a bit harsh. When I said I havn't been THAT impressed with any of them- it`s not to say they are crap by any means, I just don`t quite get why everyone is SO stoked on BMW.
Old December 4th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

I love the way MB look but I just don't like the feel. Especially the brake pedals! I don't like how the brake pedal has the feel of a hydraulic clutch at all!

I love the S, SL and even the new E is pretty nice but I just am much happier with the feel in a BMW. My personal take on it has always been that BMW is Sport with a twist of Luxury and MB is luxury with a twist of Sport.

Its all personal choice between the two I think. Its funny about the dealerships though b/c around me it is the exact opposite. MB guys always have a stick up their A** when I walk in but the BMW dealer is totally down to earth.

BTW I have always loved the 2002s and the old old SL and of course gull wings! That euro 745i is the turbo right Kris?
Old December 5th, 2007, 12:24 PM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

cheers to the vespa. i have a 65 VBB, red that i restored. put a new 150 5 port motor in it. take it every day to the train station... gets some attention!

Follow-up Post:

wife and i have been trying to get around to trading in our 05 325xi for an x3. anyone have any thoughts on the x3? i loved it when we took one as a loner but the interior, especially the dash, was so damn similar to our 325 that is was kind of annoying. i wasn;t sure what year the one we had was... are the new 08's different?
Old December 5th, 2007, 02:45 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

I think that new 6 is nice looking. I hated the new 7 series when it first came out a couple of years ago, but now I am warming up to it. The new 1 series looks like shit, because of that heavy "belly" looking line that goes under the doors. makes it look like its slow and pregnant.

A couple of weeks ago I went to the BMW Welt, their new museum that just opened, and it was awesome! The architecture is amazing and the car displays are so sweet. If you are in Munich, its a must see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB170918.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	11262   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB170920.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	11263  

Name:	PB170917.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	11264   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB170915.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	11265  

Name:	PB170913.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	11266  
Old December 5th, 2007, 02:47 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88
makes it look like its slow and pregnant.
That is definitely the best description ever!
Old December 5th, 2007, 03:02 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
The new 1 series looks like shit, because of that heavy "belly" looking line that goes under the doors.
Yeah, but the diesel (that we'll never get) in the 123d is sweet! 201 HP and 54.3 MPG! Me, I'm counting the days until Alfa Romeo returns to the US [2009]...

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old December 5th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
My favorite Bimmer of all time was the old 2002 tii. I am thinking about the new 1 series convertible for the wife next year. It is the reincarnation of the little 2002 with a twin turbo 300 hp six in it. Somewhere in the $30-35 range. Should be fun! I somewhat agree about the looks. I have seen pics of the twin turbo with the aero package though and it looks pretty mean. I have always been a sucker for odd vehicles though...
http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...es_convertible
Here is the coupe with the aero package...
http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/futur...=NEW1FVSITEMAP
Old December 5th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
I think that new 6 is nice looking. I hated the new 7 series when it first came out a couple of years ago, but now I am warming up to it. The new 1 series looks like shit, because of that heavy "belly" looking line that goes under the doors. makes it look like its slow and pregnant.

A couple of weeks ago I went to the BMW Welt, their new museum that just opened, and it was awesome! The architecture is amazing and the car displays are so sweet. If you are in Munich, its a must see.
Oooooo, thats new! I was at the old museum a few years ago. I thought it was really cool too. I am a bimmerhead but I still learned a lot that I hadn't known about BMW history. For one, I didn't know that back in the early 90's they had created Hydrogen 7's to use as limos at some event.

Gotta say that the 2002 Turbo...er... obruT was probably the coolest 2002 ever made!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	02 turbo.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	11268  
Old December 5th, 2007, 07:51 PM
gtg067i
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon

Does anyone drive a e28, e34, or e39? I want a good hauler/highway car and have been considering basically the entire 5 series range. I really want a 540it wagon with a manual but they're hard to comeby...thoughts?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat