Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 3rd, 2007, 01:44 PM
javelinadave
-
-

2007 Diabetes Walk For The Cure

Hi all,
I have been a part of this online community for a few years now. I have met a few of you and have helped out countless Rover owners over the years. On March 11th, 2006, my then 14 year old daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. She takes 6 to 8 shots a day of insulin so her body can break down and use carbs. Once again, we are putting together a team for a walk-a-thon to raise money for a cure. Last year her team, Sarah's Snipers, raised over $8000. More than $2000 of that total came from the wonderful D-90.com community! Below is a link to her own team website. You can donate or sign up to walk with us. If you can help her out it would mean the world to her and every other kid & adult that has to live with diabetes.

www.TeamSarah.com

Chris, Thanks again for letting me post this and for making it a sticky! You Guy's and Gal's rock!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pb280001.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	10618   Click image for larger version

Name:	p3200021.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	10619  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 3rd, 2007, 03:15 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

No problem Dave. Hopefully the gang can be just as helpful again!

For those who may not be aware of lasts years drive, the D-90 Source community really helped Team Sarah's cause. The generosity of people here was enough for them to raise the goal in their drive!!
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ead.php?t=9517

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old November 1st, 2007, 11:25 PM
javelinadave
-
-

The big walk is this weekend. If you can help, please do.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat