1997 LE converted to 110 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old August 13th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Toughy
Status: Offline
Chris
95 Yellow ST
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 236
It's been on/off EBay for some time, what are your thoughts why it hasn't sold? Color, no upgrades from factory etc? Got as high $70k I think and asking is $120k

Anyone know more on it?

http://www.jlrclassics.com/car/1997-.../#!prettyPhoto
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old August 13th, 2016, 06:58 PM
Yorkie
Status: Offline
Mark Whitehouse
1989 D90
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Cochranville
Posts: 229
Registry
Really don't understand why you would convert a 90 to a 110. If you want a 110 then buy a 110.
As for it being a Special Edition, it was a Special Edition 90 its certainly not one now its been converted.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 13th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Rocky's Avatar
Rocky
Status: Offline
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colonies Aka Boston
Posts: 8,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
Really don't understand why you would convert a 90 to a 110. If you want a 110 then buy a 110. As for it being a Special Edition, it was a Special Edition 90 its certainly not one now its been converted.
Simple: 525 +\- NAS 110s in US v thousands of 90's with plentiful spares.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old August 13th, 2016, 07:57 PM
jafir's Avatar
jafir
Status: Offline
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Centerton, AR
Posts: 1,580
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Simple: 525 +\- NAS 110s in US v thousands of 90's with plentiful spares.
Yep. And it will have an easy to use VIN that an imported 110 wouldn't have.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 13th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Yorkie
Status: Offline
Mark Whitehouse
1989 D90
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Cochranville
Posts: 229
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafir View Post
Yep. And it will have an easy to use VIN that an imported 110 wouldn't have.
What do you mean an easy to use VIN? If you import a 110 legitimately why isn't its VIN just as easy to use?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 13th, 2016, 08:49 PM
jafir's Avatar
jafir
Status: Offline
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Centerton, AR
Posts: 1,580
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
What do you mean an easy to use VIN? If you import a 110 legitimately why isn't its VIN just as easy to use?
Try calling up an insurance agent and give them a vin from a grey market vehicle. I had at least one place just flat out tell me no.

Or try at the DMV. Some states are easy to deal with. But some people have reported problems if the vin doesn't return anything, which most grey market imparts will not be in the computers.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 13th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Yorkie
Status: Offline
Mark Whitehouse
1989 D90
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Cochranville
Posts: 229
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafir View Post
Try calling up an insurance agent and give them a vin from a grey market vehicle. I had at least one place just flat out tell me no.

Or try at the DMV. Some states are easy to deal with. But some people have reported problems if the vin doesn't return anything, which most grey market imparts will not be in the computers.
I had no issue at all with my imported 90. In fact I thought there would be more of an issue with a VIN that says the vehicle is a 90 and then having to explain to them that its now a 110!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 13th, 2016, 09:39 PM
CMSgt Bo's Avatar
CMSgt Bo
Status: Offline
Bo
1985 One Ten
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Banner Elk NC
Posts: 754
I've titled an imported truck in two different states with very little trouble. To me an "easy to use" VIN is not worth a $50K+ premium over a non-NAS VIN. Maybe it's different in California, but not $50K different.
__________________
Proud member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1997 NAS 90 converted to 110 SW One Ten For Sale - Vehicles 108 October 29th, 2016 08:03 AM
1997 NAS D90 Converted to D130 Double Cab Hi Cap discojosh2000 For Sale - Vehicles 1 August 12th, 2016 10:18 AM
4.6 converted to distributor & ZF trans ocrover For Sale - Parts 15 April 30th, 2014 08:12 AM
1997 D90 LE 112/300 - Converted to Soft Top rijosho The Flea Market 18 September 3rd, 2013 10:10 PM
1994 ST converted to SW - anyone know this? brettm Misc. Chit-Chat 6 August 9th, 2012 04:20 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Copyright